Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jj79
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2017, 3:28 pm

Hi everyone.

I'll start by introducing myself, I am a mom to an amazing son. He is autistic, and really started to have self-esteem problems(beginning in grade 1). Anyways I thought that was terrible, and understanding what he went thru all day was heartbreaking. The rest I hope is ok to post here.

After watching the self esteem problems at home I started a publishing company an indie magazine. The magazine is new,(launched in Feb) but it is for children (8-12) that are on the Autism Spectrum. The only Mission of the magazine is to empower and keep the readers self-esteem high. Each month an older youth/young adult on the spectrum does an interview for the magazine and talk the kids about their experiences, hurdles, and also how they came to embrace themselves and follow their dreams.

I would love to have you reach out to me if you think you would want to participate. It is also a mission to keep the magazine as diverse as possible to give everyone a sense of belonging and a voice and equal representation. So please if thats you.. reach out to me! We are getting amazing feedback from the kids and parents alike. It's just about spreading the power of loving oneself.

Any questions I am here to answer them for you. Thank you!

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2017, 8:52 pm

Ready, willing and able. Just PM me I'll help any way I can. I am also a published author so I can write too.

Jj79
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2017, 9:21 pm

I sent a PM :)