Torture, Al-Qaeda Style (warning: graphic drawing)

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 7:26 pm

Quote:
MAY 24--In a recent raid on an al-Qaeda safe house in Iraq, U.S. military officials recovered an assortment of crude drawings depicting torture methods like "blowtorch to the skin" and "eye removal." Along with the images, which you'll find on the following pages, soldiers seized various torture implements, like meat cleavers, whips, and wire cutters. Photos of those items can be seen here. The images, which were just declassified by the Department of Defense, also include a picture of a ramshackle Baghdad safe house described as an "al-Qaeda torture chamber." It was there, during an April 24 raid, that soldiers found a man suspended from the ceiling by a chain. According to the military, he had been abducted from his job and was being beaten daily by his captors. In a raid earlier this week, Coalition Forces freed five Iraqis who were found in a padlocked room in Karmah. The group, which included a boy, were reportedly beaten with chains, cables, and hoses

(source, further images

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 9:22 pm

Jesus butt-fucking Christ.

That's all I can say.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 11:20 pm

Well Christ or at least the nation that used to follow Christ certainly did do some but f*****g over there in Iraq. Al Qaida is itself CIA/MOSSAD so where does that leave us :?: Butfukkked and up s**t creek. Iraqi resistance will sort it out.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

26 May 2007, 11:59 pm

The man in the photo looks more Middle Eastern than American so basically thats manual is directed at harming Iraqi civilians.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 3:08 am

Goodness, looks like a night in the ol' S&M Dungeon! Glad to see they are keeping with the classics. Sorry there was no blue flames shooting out of the blow torch, it took away from the realism, that and a flesh cut would not be the actual result of a blowtorch to the skin. It would look more like grill marks on a steak, actually, but the gist is there.

Merle

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 11:00 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Goodness, looks like a night in the ol' S&M Dungeon! Glad to see they are keeping with the classics. Sorry there was no blue flames shooting out of the blow torch, it took away from the realism, that and a flesh cut would not be the actual result of a blowtorch to the skin. It would look more like grill marks on a steak, actually, but the gist is there.

Merle

:lol:

miss_d_bus
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2007, 11:27 am

Is it normal to not feel a thing after reading that?
I suppose after spending years at uni studying human rights and reading testimonials from victims, I've become a bit numb to it all.

Scrap that - I looked at the other pictures - I feel unsurprised that people could be so cruel but at the same time a little relieved it doesn't happen everywhere.

Torturing anyone in the name of God/Allah is so perverse.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 5:43 pm

Todd489 wrote:
Jesus butt-f***ing Christ.

Take out the middle two words, and you have my first thought.

Classy stuff. [/sarcasm]

Three years!

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 8:01 pm

Eh, sorry :oops: . Sometimes when I read something that really angers me I just type angry things and hit submit.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 8:06 pm

Todd489 wrote:
Eh, sorry :oops: . Sometimes when I read something that really angers me I just type angry things and hit submit.

No, I was being serious about the first part. My first thought really was Jesus Christ. I was referring to the torture drawings for the "classy stuff," not your comment. Sorry! I should have been clearer.

Three years!

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 8:16 pm

Sorry, I thought I offended you or something. Everyone in my circle of family and friends swears profusely and unfortunately it's rubbed off on me over the years. I'm always worried I'll offend someone with little slip-ups like that.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 11:53 am

I swear quite often as well. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Three years!

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 12:05 pm

Are these pictures supposed to be like a "Beginners Guide To Torture Techniques", or rather more ominously, a bored torturer with an artistic bent? I'm not sure which is more disturbing.. the fact that such images exist as a guide, or that someone might carry them out. However, with the exception of the fact that the blowtorch and electricity are relatively new inventions, the techniques themselves are ancient beyond belief. Burning the flesh to extract information etc is an Inquisition classic, as is strappado (suspending the victim by the arms as depicted.) TBH images like this dont do a great deal for providing popular support for "the cause." It also makes random "torture" style events placed at the hands of American and British soldiers look like nothing worse than a hazing at a private school.