This is what some women think about when they date you

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:01 am

Beware guys...beware....

This question came from an ex date, a lady who doesn't even want to have any children.

It's not about his money! Remember that guys, it's not about money! Riiiight.

and yet WP ladies wonder why I have serious trust issues with women.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 09 Jun 2017, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SingingSaddenedSwan
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2017, 10:07 am

Most men, in order for them to grow up, need to accept the fact that the vast majority of women are just as vain as the vast majority of men, if not moreso (because finances is much more important to a woman seeking a man than the other way around).

The problem is that too many men look for their mothers inside of women, they have this silly child-like view of romance that they never grew out of. Projecting your mother out of your gf/spouse is a mortal flaw in men, non-blood related women will never love you unconditionally.

If I had a son, I would tell him this one thing:

Humans are animals, that's all that we are, what you see in the animals you will also see in humanity.The sad fact of the matter is that EVERYTHING is vanity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:17 am

Some other user in the haven was accusing men that they view women as nothing but pleasure objects for men.

But what about this thing we men face in our everyday dating life? Isn't that pure wallet objectification of men?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:21 am

SingingSaddenedSwan wrote:
Most men, in order for them to grow up, need to accept the fact that the vast majority of women are just as vain as the vast majority of men, if not moreso (because finances is much more important to a woman seeking a man than the other way around).

The problem is that too many men look for their mothers inside of women, they have this silly child-like view of romance that they never grew out of. Projecting your mother out of your gf/spouse is a mortal flaw in men, non-blood related women will never love you unconditionally.

Humans are animals, that's all that we are, what you see in the animals you will also see in humanity.The sad fact of the matter is that EVERYTHING is vanity.

I am dating now a foreigner gf/fwb (not really defined) who claims to love me unconditionally, she claims she wants nothing from me but only to be with me, but can I really blind trust this proclaimed unconditional love? What I have experienced before isn;t encouraging.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and yet WP ladies wonder why I have serious trust issues with women.

I don't wonder why anymore. Nobody here talks like that. 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:43 am

smudge... out of all women here; you're the first one who posts in this thread?

How ironic!! :lol:.

SingingSaddenedSwan
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2017, 11:12 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SingingSaddenedSwan wrote:

I am dating now a foreigner gf/fwb (not really defined) who claims to love me unconditionally, she claims she wants nothing from me but only to be with me, but can I really blind trust this proclaimed unconditional love? What I have experienced before isn;t encouraging.

Be warned that what people say versus what they do is often two completely different things.

But it's really no use to fight against it, what you really want to do is eliminate any childlike expectations of women that you might have... expect them to have just as much vanity as everyone else, because animals is all that we really are. Once you do that, you accept women for all their flaws and move beyond any anger or betrayal that you might feel. You work with women within the confines of what they are, rather than what you might want them to be.

Brotherhood and camaraderie is really the only meaningful kind of love outside of ones own blood.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 1:11 pm

sugar baby :roll:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:23 pm

I don't think it wrong that a man wants a good looking woman and I don't think it wrong that a woman wants a financially stable man. These desires are the result of millions of years of evolution...men wanting young, beautiful women and women wanting strong, resource laden men.

What would be wrong in my opinion is if a man only wanted a woman for her looks and a woman only wanted a man for his money. Except in the instance where both parties were aware of this and were ok with it, as if often the case in relationships of the elite.

My own personal stance is that someone should love the person they are with such that if they became old and ugly, or broke, they would still love them and still want to be with them.

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2017, 10:45 pm

I became disillusioned with the lie of "unconditional" love a while back and it made me pretty depressed. I hope one day we can have genetically engineered humans or sentient AI that are capable of unconditional love.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:21 pm

Many women can be like this, but not all women are like this – so it isn't fair to extend your hate/trust issue to all women. Even because there is some men who also treat woman in this kind of cold bargain, objectifying way – less about money, more about looks, but at the end, all falls under denying people their individuality and confirming ourselves/others to gender stereotypes.

I can't, and I don't even want to, speak for all women, but I'm a very honest person – even if I have weird temper and sometimes act bad – and I'm definitely not interested in my future partner money. Although, I feel really sad that some people can think this stuff about me? I'm from a 3rd world country, and my ex-bf is european, I always felt annoyed because I knew some people was judging me as I only wanted an european passport (yes, there is a lot of women who do it, but assuming that everyone does it is mean).

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:51 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
Many women can be like this, but not all women are like this – so it isn't fair to extend your hate/trust issue to all women. Even because there is some men who also treat woman in this kind of cold bargain, objectifying way – less about money, more about looks, but at the end, all falls under denying people their individuality and confirming ourselves/others to gender stereotypes.

I can't, and I don't even want to, speak for all women, but I'm a very honest person – even if I have weird temper and sometimes act bad – and I'm definitely not interested in my future partner money. Although, I feel really sad that some people can think this stuff about me? I'm from a 3rd world country, and my ex-bf is european, I always felt annoyed because I knew some people was judging me as I only wanted an european passport (yes, there is a lot of women who do it, but assuming that everyone does it is mean).

Thank you; I find it incredibly insulting--and wrong--for men to promote/believe the idea that women care so much about bling and money. Yes, people are animals (and I actually think that's not a bad thing), but we're also complex. I don't think that most people are so hyper-focused on, say, just sex, just money, and so on, but those who are usually end up with similarly shallow people, so it often works its way out.

It's been a long time since I dated, but I do know that if you're too blind to a mate's potentially hazardous flaws, you're in for trouble, but if you're too busy looking for what's wrong and making too much of their imperfections, you could really miss out on a great thing. For example: my husband was rather awkward-looking when we first started dating (he's grown out of it), but he's also incredibly decent, loving, funny, intelligent, and in so many other ways, amazing. I wasn't dating other guys for superficial reasons, and I wasn't picking jerks and losers, but none of them can compare to him at all. I'll be forever grateful that I saw him clearly and pity those who pick mates and dates for all the wrong reasons.

BTW: if you want to carry suspicion and resentment towards the opposite sex as you work your way through the dating process, go right ahead, but know this: a smart person will pick up on that, sooner or later, and either reciprocate that ugliness or dump you!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 12:57 am

Quote:
Thank you; I find it incredibly insulting--and wrong--for men to promote/believe the idea that women care so much about bling and money

Men usually believe that many women care for such due to their repetitive experiences; it doesn't come out of vacuum; it is not like they invent that from their minds - you know.
It's for the same reason why many women are bitter of men and suspect many of them to be only after sex : due to their experiences.
Can you deny the latter case?

If you're not one of those women then good; you should not feel insulted - the thread says "many" not "all"; isn't that clear enough?

But yeah I do have trust issues until proven wrong by the person I am dating; it's just like being vigilant for signs of gold-digging.
But that's my problem, not yours.

Actually, I will tell you a secret: all men do this - checking for signs of gold-digging.
There's nothing more repulsive to men than those some women who after their money (I did post a long post once explaining that in detail with concrete examples)***.
[check the next post]

Quote:
but if you're too busy looking for what's wrong and making too much of their imperfections, you could really miss out on a great thing.

And what I have posted is making too much of this one woman's imperfections?
I dated this one, she is very smart and intetesting in many ways and has the same geeky interests, but her entitlement to men's money made me run away - and fast (Yes I knew it before having this chat above, but I didn't imagine that her greed was that bad).

You think the above is a "simple imperfection"?

Btw I am not entirely single since last summer (casually); just so you know.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 10 Jun 2017, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 1:10 am

That's the long post I was referring above, digged from an older thread:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ and still she would not date poor people.

Anyway, ladies...listen... this is something that you should all know about; I am gonna be extremely extremely blunt in this, take notes - especially if you are struggling in dating and you want to increase your chances to make men approach you:

Like how women usually collectively hate men who are sex-seeker and players , we men - in the manosphere, - when we are in a room only men talking without any female presence, and when men talk about women (without female presence again): there's nothing more commonly and collectively hated and despised than the gold-diggers.

And yes, all men - of all sizes, old and young, education levels and classes - no exception. And the ones who would willingly go for such women usually view them as sex-to-money kind of exchange deal.

And there are plenty types of them, the obvious ones, the subtle ones and the ones who claim to be 'pragmatic' but in fact money is more important to them than love.

The older we get, the better we develop skills to recognize them all, and we can smell them by miles.

And like the women who often warn each other about players and sex maniacs, we men also often warn each other from money seekers and gold diggers ie. "hey, don't waste your time with that gal, she is only after money + <little story about a short encounter with her>". This is extremely common.

And men - probably for a good reason and due to cumulative dating experiences - are so quickly judgmental about that and quickly would put a woman in the "gold digger zone" for the slightest sign or vibe of it - in a merciless way. At times unfairly.

For instance if a girl in office talked so excitedly about her weekend date's expensive car - you would see guys subtly rolling eyes to each other, and I can guarantee you that 99% of them would goldigger-zone her for good - and everyone(male) would avoid dating her, at least seriously, like a plague.

Or even if she complains about her bf's low salary, or some WOW reaction to some guy driving expensive car....etc.....any slight sign..... *puff* goldigger zoned, instantly.

I recall an incident, where a newly hired colleague in my previous work office kept talking like for an hour excitedly about her boyfriend's senior engineer position and his parent's big house - and once she left the room , my male colleague was like 'she is a nice girl, but too bad she loves money too much' - and that came from a guy who is a son of a rich famous surgeon; the other guys agreed.

And most men keep constantly vigilant and checking for any gold-digging signs from a woman they're dating, even frequently - my best friend, who was also my coworker, told me how he first kept dropping hints and subtle questions to his gf back then (who's his wife now) like "I am still building my future, and we may live in a tiny house and not in perfect condition, would you accept this" - and watched for her reactions - he watched her reaction when he first picked up with his poorly-condition car too, and he told me that she was unlike all the other girls he dated before and that's why he married her.

In fact, when my previous workplace went bankrupt , she stayed sticked with him for 6 months while he's jobless, despite that she just works as a junior kindergarten teacher, so she doesn't make much. On the other hand, two seniors got divorced just after few month of the bankrupt - despite their wives worked in good positions elsewhere. And yes, it was because of money.

That just to tell you, why we (men) are usually paranoid about this - and I was used to think that these men exaggerate but after getting some dating experience after the age of 30.... hell no, it's not something uncommon, it's not uncommon at all. I understand now why most men are so paranoid about this...."social disease".

And yes, most would label the OP as gold-digger too.

So if you're single and seeking and don't want to be viewed as one, be very careful what you talk about when it comes to money.

PS: I have seen the same phenomena among men in Turkey, and Czech Republic (and among male colleagues there who are of different nationalities: Brits, Italians, Czechs...etc) and - so it's not only limited within some culture.

/ The most non-political post on WP ever. But this is a reality.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Jun 2017, 1:42 am

Flip side of the commodification and entitlement that so called 'nice guys' do with women, these shallow women consider themselves as being in a 'league' and are attracted to money/socially connected men. It definitely is dehumanizing, too many people take others for granted and are totally self involved.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 1:56 am

Face_of_Boo: I know that many people experience this sort of thing, and that’s why I said what I said.

This is not the first time here that I’ve read “warning” posts like this—and I’m not referring to the one you posted previously--it has given me a strong impression that there’s potentially something being bred here--not deliberately--that could actually do men more harm than good if nothing else is said. As both a woman and one who’s been in a very healthy relationship since 1988, I decided to speak up to help those here who will tell you right up front that they’ve had a hard time attracting and/or keeping girlfriends.

When I spoke of imperfections, I was not talking about gold-digging AT ALL. That is not a “simple imperfection,” as you said; I consider those women to be superficial b!tches. Additionally, the vast majority of women I know don’t think or talk like that—and I have worked almost exclusively with women for a couple of decades. I will continue to find it insulting when anyone--male or female--lumps us together, and will assert my disapproval specifically because, in the minds of those detractors, we're all guilty! Maybe you, yourself, weren't painting me with that broad brush, but how am I to know that--and how are you to know how many non-gold-digging-women are out there if we say nothing? Considering all the malicious stereotypes plastered on women throughout much of history, I will speak up. (Before you pounce, let me say that I try not to overgeneralize anyone, myself. It takes work sometimes, but it's worth it.)

BTW: if you want to talk about being “clear enough,” I will point out that I didn’t even use the word “simple” and that I never would say that men and women don’t have reason to distrust each other. I did, however, say that there’s a balance to be struck between presumed guilt and blind trust; as you yourself said, it’s a problem.

I didn’t post here to piss anyone off; I’m glad that you have a relationship going, and I hope it’s a good one.