seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 9:47 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
seaweed wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
I have a beard, a big burly red beard (and blonde hair, go figure), and all I can say is that my face feels like sandpaper when it's shaved, which is not a pleasant feeling-- for me at least.

I actually see guys with blond hair and red beards quite a lot, or maybe I just notice it more because that's what my boyfriend has going on as well.

a lot of men have red beards but not red hair. something to do with a common phenotype of incompletely dominant genes.

So now not only do I have autism, you're accusing me of being incomplete and a sub? :wink:

wouldn't incomplete dominance in the bedroom suggest one is a switch?

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 9:57 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
I have a beard, a big burly red beard (and blonde hair, go figure), and all I can say is that my face feels like sandpaper when it's shaved, which is not a pleasant feeling-- for me at least.

I actually see guys with blond hair and red beards quite a lot, or maybe I just notice it more because that's what my boyfriend has going on as well.

Didn't recognize the avatar change. Winter is coming...in July, lol.

It was to do with Game of Thrones, but still a little outdated because in the series winter has come...isn't still coming.

i liked your old signature about Alice. Something like "It is like Alice in Wonderland except my name isn't Alice".

Anyway, I heard someone on TV say he had a beard because he had a rash or eczema from shaving.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 6:07 am

...Sometimes there's the tendency to wear those kind of beards and clothes that make you look like you're trying to look like a designer version of Creedence Clearwater Revival or The Band circa 1971! :wink: :lol:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 6:59 am

I haven't noticed this at my college.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 3:21 pm

What I don't like is business types say I g that beards are unacceptable. Beards are a normal male thing and shouldn't be treated like they are unacceptable.

A well trimmed beard can be very attractive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRBIxlUlMDt/

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:18 pm

MSBKyle wrote:
I've noticed that almost every young man I see in public has a full grown beard or some type of facial hair. These men are usually between 18-30. I even see some boys in high school with full grown beards. On college campuses the majority of male students have beards. What is it about beards and facial hair that is so appealing to men? Ever since I hit puberty and had the ability to grow facial hair, I have shaved every chance I have had. I have never had any desire to grow a beard or any type of facial hair. The main reason I don't want facial hair is because it makes you look older. They say that beards can make a man look up to 8-10 years older than his actual age. I'm trying to avoid looking any older that I am and trying to stay as young looking as possible. These men with beards in their teens or early 20s makes them look like they are in their late 20s or 30s. Another reason I don't want to grow a beard is because they are itchy and high maintenance. If you are trying to find a job, some employers may not hire you unless you shave your beard off. I don't know what having a beard does for men. You could not pay me to grow one.

It's the style at the moment. A more interesting question is, why are homo sapiens "naked" where other primates have long hair, and why are homo sapiens hairy where other primates are "naked"?
We have an almost completely inverted hair pattern.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2017, 5:43 pm

A lot of men have facial hair that I know. I guess it's a sign of man hood. Also some women LOVE them. notice I said some. You either get one who demands it be shaved or they get weak in the knees. Personally I shave every day but trim my hair once a year. I am strange like that, some hair is good some not.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 7:58 pm

Because they're cool :)

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:21 pm

I hate using a razor blade to shave. I cant be bothered to shave daily. I itch enough as it is and my face/skin already feels on fire without shaving adding to the problem. If I shaved I would look like I was 15 years old rather than looking like 23 years old even though I am 31 now. Beard is a necessity for those with baby faces.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 6:04 am

seaweed wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
seaweed wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

a lot of men have red beards but not red hair. something to do with a common phenotype of incompletely dominant genes.

So now not only do I have autism, you're accusing me of being incomplete and a sub? :wink:

wouldn't incomplete dominance in the bedroom suggest one is a switch?

Given our proclivity for literal-mindedness, I was thinking missing bodyparts.

Also, nothing wrong with being a sub.

signed

A dom.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
nothing wrong with being a sub.

i agree, subs are great.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 3:59 pm

Sub

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 4:02 pm

incidentally, i have green eyes (incompletely dominant hazel and recessive blue) and am considered a switch. therefore, everything is connected and has so much meaning. so beautiful world. *engulfs sub*

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 4:11 pm

I think on some level it's a subtle way to express a feeling of protest. It's a different spin on the Hippy thing.

Other people have a different approach with the resurgence of Tattoos or body piercings.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 4:12 pm

A true sub is a perfect fourth above the tonic, the dominant a perfect fifth...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jul 2017, 7:19 pm

I grew a beard after I graduated high-skewl. I had to shave on skewl nights cuz I went to a Catholic skewl. I also hated shaving cuz of bad fine motor-skills & low vision disorder. I shaved it off when I was 20 cuz I was doing some outside chores for a week in the summer & the beard made me hotter & itchier. I've been shaving about 1ce a week sense. I'm also taking a med partly to slow down my facial & other hair growth(except on my head).

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition