Page 7 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 2:39 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
NobodyKnows wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
It was they didn’t want a female president.

“Lock her up” really meant “Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich”

I make better sandwiches than most of the women I've dated. The one possible exception was a professional baker, and my cookies were still a lot better than hers.

The point is that many of Trump's supporters couldn't stomach the idea of a woman in power.

Couldn’t be that Hillary was just a corrupt monster no no ignore all her horrible faults it must be because she’s a woman that’s why they supported that lady from Alaska because they hate women, that’s why they elect female senators and representatives cause they hate women. :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:17 pm

sly279 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
NobodyKnows wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
It was they didn’t want a female president.

“Lock her up” really meant “Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich”

I make better sandwiches than most of the women I've dated. The one possible exception was a professional baker, and my cookies were still a lot better than hers.

The point is that many of Trump's supporters couldn't stomach the idea of a woman in power.

Couldn’t be that Hillary was just a corrupt monster no no ignore all her horrible faults it must be because she’s a woman that’s why they supported that lady from Alaska because they hate women, that’s why they elect female senators and representatives cause they hate women. :roll:

$hillary's not well liked well-beyond the right, so you're partly right that it wasn't just because she was a woman, it was also because of who she was more broadly.

That said, trotting out a few Phyllis Schlafly clones and holding them up as evidence that the right isn't filled with misogynists is a self-defeating argument. 'See, we have women who think women belong in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant too. They also believe a zygote has more claim to a woman's flesh than she herself has and that miscarriage is murder.' really doesn't make the point you'd like it.

Further, take note of how many of Sarah Palin's male supporters mostly focus on her looks; same goes for many of Fox Propaganda Channel (and similar) talking heads. Ann Coulter is one of the few who actually seems to have her ideas taken seriously by her own supporters, and to her credit she's had to work quite a bit at making sure the Roger Ailes type creeps on the right know how badly she'll go after them if they try anything. She also is a 'bigger' figure than many others, and has more clout to expend. Instead it seems like the powerbrokers within the right (like Ailes) largely treated women within the conservative movement as their own personal harem - according to many of those women in their own words (like the various Fox employees and ex-employees).

TL;DR - Yes, there's plenty of blatant misogyny built into the 'traditionalist' right. The only women in power who don't trigger them are the Stepford Schlaflys who only ever espouse politically and ideologically correct talking points.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 7:20 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Why pro religion?

In the video, one guy pointed out that the 9/11 bombers were Muslim. He said he couldn't believe religious people would do such a thing.

Why do you want pro coal just want to know?

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 12:21 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Why pro religion?

In the video, one guy pointed out that the 9/11 bombers were Muslim. He said he couldn't believe religious people would do such a thing.

Why do you want pro coal just want to know?

Most US cities do not have much smog*, so in some regions the economic politics of coal mining are more powerful than the environmental politics.

There are areas where coal mines are the largest employers, and in those areas there is often a distinct subculture (comparable to the subcultures that existed at major seaports in Europe).

(*Until recently the US had stricter emissions regulations for diesels, and our tax laws also make diesel passenger cars uncommon. Houses in southern regions don't have furnaces at all, and houses in northern regions are usually heated with methane rather than oil.)

Anonymousdude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jan 2019, 9:53 pm

The people who support Trump pretty much have to pretend to be liberals just to not get murdered.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 10:38 pm

Anonymousdude wrote:
The people who support Trump pretty much have to pretend to be liberals just to not get murdered.

The only person who was murdered in a clash between Trump supporters and liberals was Heather Heyer, and she was a liberal.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:54 pm

la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The only reason why Donald Trump won the the election is because 306 out of 538 electors voted for him. Period, end of story.

So the question is, is there any evidence whatsoever that those 306 were influenced in any way by anything Russia did?

The answer is, no.

I feel like I'm the only person on earth who's figured that out.

Yeah you're right, about half of the people in the USA are stupid narcissistic as*holes just like Trump and that's exactly why they voted for him.

No wonder people hate this country.

Give the kid a break. Treating him like a punching bag won't make him change his beliefs. Clearly he feels like the legitimacy of his opinion/belief/understanding is being threatened, otherwise he wouldn't have made this thread. And I'd bet the same is true in the inverse for you and your reply to it too. Yelling at him only confirms for him that you're in the wrong regardless of whether you are or aren't and possibly galvanizes his beliefs further.

It doesn't matter no matter what people say, anyone can be so ignorant that they decide to twist the argument and type an unsound answer.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:57 pm

Anonymousdude wrote:

This may be what makes more likelihood of civil war starting.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:58 pm

Let it go.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 3:00 pm

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 3:30 pm

Dancing banana?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 3:31 pm

Yup :wtg:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Dancing banana?

Looks can be deceiving, he's an allegory to fascist pumpkins.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:11 am

One of the reasons Trump was elected is because in the 2010s, everything has become offensive.