Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 4:57 am

Hey hey!

I'm Annelise, and I'm an Aspie! :D I did a bit of an Aspie search, and wound up here, liked it and joined!
I'm 19, live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, was diagnosed at about 13 years of age, am doing an Arts degree at uni with a majour in Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and love cats!
I'd love to get to know some more Aspies: when I first got diagnosed I rejected the idea and hated it, but I recently stumbled on a LiveJournal communities for Aspies and was amazed at just how well I fit in! (I feeling I have had precious little of through the course of my life!) However, I haven't ever met anyone my age that I know has Aspergers, although I *am* friends with a 4-year-old with Autie tendancies: she's gorgeous!

Well, feel free to give me a buzz: I virtually live on msn messenger, and my address is [email protected] .

Annelise :)

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 5:08 am

PhoenixKitten wrote:
I'm 19, live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, was diagnosed at about 13 years of age, am doing an Arts degree at uni with a majour in Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and love cats!

How does that differ from American Sign Language?

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 5:15 am

Welcome! I live in the States, but I have a lot of family in Melbourne.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 5:29 am

Heya nice to meet another Aussie on here. (Just don't let anyone onto our forum domination plan- mwhahahaha!)

Which uni are you at, out of interest? I don't go to uni myself, but my mum goes to Latrobe and my sister is at Monash (but she's about to defer).

Hmm, I used to know sign language until I accidentally cut off my hands in a shaving mishap. And as for cats.. well I'm a bit allergic to them so that doesn't really help. I like dim-sims though.

Sean wrote:

It works underwater. Australians spend more time at the beach, so it makes sense for them to develop an underwater sign language for use during surfing, in the shower, or for our Olympic swimmers to discuss tactics mid-race.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 5:35 am

Hi, *pounce!!* I was just reflecting how cute my kitty was. He is sleeping on my blankey, he looks so warm. He is a white siamese. His name is Genki. He likes to kill things. And people. And things that aren't there. He has never killed anything, but he looks so cute trying!

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2005, 5:36 am

Hello Annelise,

I love cats too.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 5:59 am

GROAAAAAAAR!

Yes, I am insane. Then again, you're the 1 talking to me. Did you enjoy your welcome Groar?

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:13 am

Sean wrote:
PhoenixKitten wrote:

*grins* How DOESN'T it differ! Kind of like asking what's the difference between English and Mandarin! :D

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:18 am

Sanityisoverrated wrote:
Heya nice to meet another Aussie on here. (Just don't let anyone onto our forum domination plan- mwhahahaha!)

Which uni are you at, out of interest? I don't go to uni myself, but my mum goes to Latrobe and my sister is at Monash (but she's about to defer).

Hmm, I used to know sign language until I accidentally cut off my hands in a shaving mishap. And as for cats.. well I'm a bit allergic to them so that doesn't really help. I like dim-sims though.

Sean wrote:

It works underwater. Australians spend more time at the beach, so it makes sense for them to develop an underwater sign language for use during surfing, in the shower, or for our Olympic swimmers to discuss tactics mid-race.

*laughs hysterically!* Yes... 'surfsign'! I'm at La Trobe too: Bundoora campus! So what do you do with yourself?

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:25 am

Nomaken wrote:
Hi, *pounce!!* I was just reflecting how cute my kitty was. He is sleeping on my blankey, he looks so warm. He is a white siamese. His name is Genki. He likes to kill things. And people. And things that aren't there. He has never killed anything, but he looks so cute trying!

*grins* Yay! Aww, cats are le coolest!

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:28 am

Fiddler wrote:
Hello Annelise,

I love cats too.

Oh good! :)

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:59 am

PhoenixKitten wrote:
So what do you do with yourself?

Well I go on long walks in the park, take myself out to the movies, and buy chocolates for myself. Frankly I'm thinking of giving it up because I haven't even gotten a kiss out of it yet. :cry:

But yeah, generally I just sit around all day, sleep a lot, and eat junk food. Not much of a life, but at least I don't have to carry pygmies up and down mountains or anything uncool like that.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 7:37 am

Quote:
Well I go on long walks in the park, take myself out to the movies, and buy chocolates for myself. Frankly I'm thinking of giving it up because I haven't even gotten a kiss out of it yet. :cry:

But yeah, generally I just sit around all day, sleep a lot, and eat junk food. Not much of a life, but at least I don't have to carry pygmies up and down mountains or anything uncool like that.

Aww! How old are you? Poor dude! Join the lonely club... :(

Hey, do you use msn messenger? If so... ADD ME! Cos you seem cool! :)

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 7:53 am

Hey, welcome to yet another aussie! I'm from over the Western side. Sucks to be you :)

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 7:58 am

danlo wrote:
Hey, welcome to yet another aussie! I'm from over the Western side. Sucks to be you :)

Err... it does? :?

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 8:15 am

Haha, they're just jealous! :wink:

We get cool stuff like... er... um... give me a few minutes, I'll think of something...