Are Social Justice Warriors mostly autistic?

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 4:49 am

Lintar wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
I am not saying all act this way, but many of the ones I see that I dislike have an inability to listen to other people. I know this song limited to SJW. I am mainly Tallinn about people like Steve Shives.

Is he the one who has videos titled, "Five Stupid Things About (fill in the blank)"? If it's the person I'm thinking of, he doesn't seem to me to be an SJW at all. Misguided sometimes for sure, but not that extreme.

I am pretty sure I have seen himself say he is an SJW.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:00 am

Personal observation would suggest there's a higher concentration of autistics and autist-esque people opposing SJWs than there is among them.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:14 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Personal observation would suggest there's a higher concentration of autistics and autist-esque people opposing SJWs than there is among them.

I can see that. I seem to see a lot of self diagnose in SJW. Although Tumblr seems to have a ton of autism.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 9:04 am

Everyone hates SJWs.

But no one ever gives a definition of what one is.

The OP at least attempted to do that by letting videos do the talking for her to show what they are.

But the specimens of SJW shown have little obvious in common besides being opinionated loud mouths.

And "opinionated loudmouth" is just too vague a category to discuss.

But no, I don't think any likely definition of SJW that anyone would cough up would correlate with being on the ASD spectrum.

There are jackasses of every neurology.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 9:13 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Everyone hates SJWs.

But no one ever gives a definition of what one is.

The OP at least attempted to do that by letting videos do the talking for her to show what they are.

But the specimens of SJW shown have little obvious in common besides being opinionated loud mouths.

And "opinionated loudmouth" is just too vague a category to discuss.

But no, I don't think any likely definition of SJW that anyone would cough up would correlate with being on the ASD spectrum.

There are jackasses of every neurology.

Seems some people specifically mean people who act in too extreme of a manner about social issues, thus not really contributing to solutions to the issue, which I certainly do take issue with that. But seems like there are people who just lump anyone between 18-30 who cares about social issues and looking to solutions for them into the SJW category...so it could include anyone from the SJWs I described to anyone liberal...can be hard to decipher which way a person is using it sometimes.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 9:31 am

I think an SJW would usually be liberal, politically active in their message. They seem to take philosophies like feminism to the extreme. They seem to shun debate about their ideas. To me someone can have the same ideas, but not be an SJW.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 10:17 am

BettaPonic wrote:
I think an SJW would usually be liberal, politically active in their message. They seem to take philosophies like feminism to the extreme. They seem to shun debate about their ideas. To me someone can have the same ideas, but not be an SJW.

Well that is what I mean, it is hard to tell if someone actually means people who take things to an extreme...or if they're just talking about anyone and everyone with a more liberal view-point. Also though they should have come up with a better term like SJE social justice extremist....it does annoy me a little when a phrase you would think may have a more positive connotation is entirely and completely negative. Like why couldn't SJW refer to people who actually fight for positive changes in constructive ways...why instead is it to refer to loudmouth extremists who are actually more detrimental than helpful to the causes they claim to support.

I mean I have to admit first time I ever saw it I thought maybe it was more of a good thing, just glad I didn't use the term thinking that...or I really would have made a dumb a** of myself and probably been ridiculed.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 10:37 am

Exactly.

It IS a phenom. Twisted folks who use social justice as an excuse to bully, and go to bizarre extremes.

But some folks use the label "SJW" to tar just anyone whom they disagree with. So therein lies the rub. Seperating it out.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 11:14 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Well that is what I mean, it is hard to tell if someone actually means people who take things to an extreme...or if they're just talking about anyone and everyone with a more liberal view-point.

So ask when it's not clear. Anyone unwilling to define terms isn't worth having a discussion with.

Quote:
Also though they should have come up with a better term like SJE social justice extremist....it does annoy me a little when a phrase you would think may have a more positive connotation is entirely and completely negative.

Such as "Men's Rights Advocate/Activist"?

Social Justice is antithetical to actual justice, placing blame on societies, systems, groups, etc rather than individuals and likewise treats collectives as victims. It's divisive, condescending to minorities (including those with disabilities) and driven by terrible, Utopian ideas that have appropriately been labelled "Cultural Marxism".

Quote:
Like why couldn't SJW refer to people who actually fight for positive changes in constructive ways...why instead is it to refer to loudmouth extremists who are actually more detrimental than helpful to the causes they claim to support.

Because that's how language works. Best to deal with things as they are rather than as we wish them to be. It's also quite appropriate considering how Orwellian their arguments tend to be.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm

SJWs are mostly stupid and and annoying, but not necessarily autistic.

They're the flip-side of social conservatives: control freaks who want to force their views on everyone else.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:47 pm

The common trait is victim complex or misguided guilt.

Leaning proponents are extremely effective at influencing social attitudes an policy, which requires social intelligence.

They use a similar form of taboo driven propaganda as was used by the Khmer Rouge and Mao.

Despite revisionist claims to the contrary, it is influenced by a school of Marxism. The term "Cultural Maxism" was coined by Marxists, rather than critics of Marxism. Intersectionality and the flawed power model it provides is based on the critical theory of Cultural Maxism.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 1:01 pm

I'm not going to even put a dent in any of those stupid videos, lest I destroy my computer in a blind rage. I'm not even sure what a SJW is, even after I looked it up. What I do know is that SJW and feminist are now the two overused words on this very site, and autistic is the third most overused and inaccurately used word everywhere else. Ironic and literally are the first two, and I'm so sick of the other two that I want someone to stop the planet so I can get off because I really am on the wrong one.

Oh, I guess that was a SJW and feminist thing to say. :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:24 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if folks with ASDs are over-represented in SJW circles.
It wouldn't surprise me if folks with ASDs are over-represented in SIW/right-wing/alt-right circles.

NTs might be underrepresented in both because they're out with friends or arranging social events or similar and don't have time to obsessively bicker over BS on the internet.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:26 pm

The "social-justice-warrior" types I've encountered have all been neurotypical.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:27 pm

I'm mainly concerned about erosion civil rights.

Social Justice proponent and Social Conservatives alike have tried introduce policies which run counter to the principles of rights. It is really that simple.

If you aren't aware of what SJWs are you probably aren't aware of this. You don't have to partake in every PPR topic. Social Justice is a hot topic today. You may not appreciate the relevance that is fine, many people do.

I disagree with the idea that SJWs are autistic, and I think that people who talk of "weaponized autism", etc aren't actually being serious.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 7:29 pm

I admit I probably watch way to many debunk videos of them. It's just they are so entitled and narrowminded that it's funny.