Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If you see other people in your dreams, do they speak?
Usually 61%  61%  [ 28 ]
Sometimes 30%  30%  [ 14 ]
Never 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Special Circumstances 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 2:26 pm

I have known for a long time that I can't write about fictional characters, and now I realize that I can only remember having one dream in which other people spoke. What is your experience?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 2:29 pm

My dreams have been pretty vivid lately.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 3:47 pm

Yes, usually.

While recently I no longer have good retention/recall of my dreams, in the past for most of my life I've had very vivid dreams in which most of the senses were involved -- I could hear people speaking to me, and I would even have a sense of touch and smell in some of my dreams.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 4:27 pm

Sometimes.

Edited: And sometimes I speak.

Last edited by the_phoenix on 29 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 5:15 pm

Yes, they do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

Not only do they speak, but I speak too.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 5:51 pm

Yes, and so do I most of the time.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:01 pm

I don't always have people in my dreams. When I do they speak, not always in English though.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:04 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:

Do you have conversations that make sense? When I'm trying to fall asleep, I know I've been over the line when my logic vanishes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:23 pm

I have conversations. Ideas get conveyed.

Though in one memorable dream one character said a nonsequitar, but some it didn't upset the narrative sweep of the dream.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm

People in my dreams rarely speak, including me. We still hear each other as if we were talking- like thought tranference/telepathy. I wonder why it's like that.

citoyenlambda
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2017, 1:56 am

I've been having a recurring dream lately in which my mom decides that we should go on vacation. For this purpose, she rents a cabin in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe.

These dreams are all about me exploring the place, coming face to face with dangerous wildlife and talking to white, fellow travelers who rent cabins in Zimbabwe. I remember meeting an old man who rented a cabin but never left. I was talking to him about how to protect myself from the natives during my stay.

My latest dream included, for some reason, a handbook for learning Latvian in my backpack. I've heard you can't read in dreams, so perhaps I just had the feeling that's what it was.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:26 am

Dear_one wrote:
I have known for a long time that I can't write about fictional characters, and now I realize that I can only remember having one dream in which other people spoke. What is your experience?

Yes but I can't recall any in depth conversations. The last thing I recall being said in a dream is someone asking me if I wanted something to eat, and offering me instant ramen. Which brings us to an interesting point. I can taste food in my dreams, but I never dream about any scents.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 12:28 pm

Dear_one wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

Do you have conversations that make sense? When I'm trying to fall asleep, I know I've been over the line when my logic vanishes.

Yes and no. The way the conversations flow do make sense, but not so much the topics discussed necessarily.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 12:38 pm

The people in my dreams always speak, but a lot of the time, they say things they would never say in real life.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 1:35 pm

One of my dreams earlier in the year contained travel guides to Orenburg, Russia and Tashkent, Uzbekistan. I was going to a tennis tournament in which Denis Istomin was playing. I would love to meet Denis, but I hope it will be at an American tournament. I saw a travel guide about Central Asia at the library and am interested in reading it, not to travel there, but to read about Tashkent and what Denis Istomin might have experienced growing up there.