Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 4:13 pm

Were people born with Aspergers? I'm trying to understand things if I do stuff because I have Asperger or I have Cerebral Pasly, I know I was born with Cerebral Pasly.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

Autism is a developmental disorder that is present in the womb, so, yes, you were born with autism. However, that doesn't mean it can't get worse or better depending on stress, environment, etc. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2017, 6:41 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Autism is a developmental disorder that is present in the womb, so, yes, you were born with autism. However, that doesn't mean it can't get worse or better depending on stress, environment, etc. :D

This is correct by what I looked through the internet (Although internet isn't always right). I saw some information saying it runs in the families who most likely has it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 7:00 pm

skiddlebugz wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

This is correct by what I looked through the internet (Although internet isn't always right). I saw some information saying it runs in the families who most likely has it.

Yeah, the internet is actually right in this case :D . It runs in my family too!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Were people born with Aspergers? I'm trying to understand things if I do stuff because I have Asperger or I have Cerebral Pasly, I know I was born with Cerebral Pasly.

Same here I was born with CP and believe I have Aspergers. It's hard because CP can cause sensory issues and being in a wheelchair creates a certain social awkwardness and distance. My parents would it all be CP related but there are a lot of things that CP related literature and diagnostic stuff doesn't even mention as a possibility that is mentioned in the AS world that I feel is so me. Also a lot of people seem hesitant to diagnosis me with AS because of CP. Ugh as if getting diagnosed as a female could be any harder! It just makes me feel like I could be making it all up/faking it. So hard to feel validated.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 7:37 pm

sunshinescj wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Same here I was born with CP and believe I have Aspergers. It's hard because CP can cause sensory issues and being in a wheelchair creates a certain social awkwardness and distance. My parents would it all be CP related but there are a lot of things that CP related literature and diagnostic stuff doesn't even mention as a possibility that is mentioned in the AS world that I feel is so me. Also a lot of people seem hesitant to diagnosis me with AS because of CP. Ugh as if getting diagnosed as a female could be any harder! It just makes me feel like I could be making it all up/faking it. So hard to feel validated.

I'm sorry you're struggling with this. It must be so hard trying to convince people you think you have an ASD because they don't look past one condition. That's kind of like what happened when I was little with my OCD. Sometimes I feel like people see the OCD, but not the ASD. I hope you are able to feel a little more validated! :D

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2017, 7:41 pm

Thanks Stampy I appreciate it!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 7:47 pm

sunshinescj wrote:
Thanks Stampy I appreciate it!

No problem :D ! I can imagine how hard it is for you, since I sometimes go through the same thing myself (some people just won't believe it).