Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 2:45 pm

Like I say I am a U2 fan and in winter I wear a hat which is like The Edge's hat lol. Once I went to work and I kept my hat on all day and never took it off.

bobert
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2007, 3:12 pm

I grew up near Seattle and didn't mind the overcast days. Now I spend most of my time in Utah and Arizona and the sun can really start to get oppressive. I wear a big hat and shades most of the time and people either look at me like I'm Indian Jones or a complete nut case. I've been like this for 50 plus years and find my own oddities amusing.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 4:07 pm

It's your life mate

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 4:07 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Like I say I am a U2 fan and in winter I wear a hat which is like The Edge's hat lol. Once I went to work and I kept my hat on all day and never took it off.

I wear a hat and sunglasses all day, even inside, to block the light.

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2007, 8:31 pm

It's probably because of the UV. Most glasses (normal or sun-) block out UV, so especially switching from glasses to contacts will exaggerate this. Again, contacts do not block out UV light.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 4:35 am

People keep bugging me for closing one eye outdoors, so I try to not do that with a lot of people around. I really wish I could find some good sun-shades soon.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 5:35 am

It's not my eyes that get bothered by sunshine, it's my skin. I'll burn if I get too much. If the sun gets real bright I'll just put on su nglasses like everyone else. I'm a nightworker, so my commute is at night and early morning--- this is better for me.

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2007, 9:41 am

The sun is far too bright in Manchester today. I can't find my sunglasses either. We went for a walk down the canal today and I squinted the whole time, which gave me a headache. The last holiday we had (in Wales in the 30 degree heat) we spent all of our time outside so I constantly had to wear a sunhat, sunglasses and factor 50+ suncream. I also had to drink twice as much water as usual (which is a lot) because my body refuses to adapt to temperature! I spent the nights being sick because my temperature was so high, in Wales!!

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2007, 11:09 am

PLA wrote:
People keep bugging me for closing one eye outdoors, so I try to not do that with a lot of people around. I really wish I could find some good sun-shades soon.

I really wonder if that one eye closed thing might be another Aspie trait. Several years ago, when I was getting my hair cut, the stylist asked me if there was anything wrong. I didn't know what she meant. She said she just wondered if I had something in my eye, because I was squinting one of them. I hadn't even realized that I was doing it. Afterwards, I noticed that I did it a lot, and had to remind myself not to do it.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 11:31 am

I am sensitive to bright light as well!

PBNJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2007, 11:59 am

I know that I hate summer because it's ovewhelmingly hot (makes me feel sick sometimes) and way too bright. This sometimes leads to me closing my eyes while I walk. My eye feel so tired and it brings me great releif to close them at times. This can happen indoors as well, because I hate using lightbulbs during the day and prefer the light through the windows. I could have problems with fluorescent lighting because sometimes I close my eyes while walking through the halls in school, which are fluorescently lit all over.

Milamber33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2007, 12:20 pm

My eyes are also more sensitive than those of most people I know. For a large portion of my life I've been able to walk around the house in the middle of the night with no lights on and be able to see where I'm going.

As for the one eye thing, I also do that in bright light, but always with my right eye, which is my bad eye. Squinting is also a common thing to do when you can't quite focus on something, so if you haven't already done so, I'd suggest making a visit to the optometrist, kiki3, PLA. :)

And that's why it's called The Present.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 12:17 pm

Milamber33 wrote:
My eyes are also more sensitive than those of most people I know. For a large portion of my life I've been able to walk around the house in the middle of the night with no lights on and be able to see where I'm going.

Me too, though there's plenty of light coming in from outside in my case.

05 Jun 2007, 12:36 pm

Is hating the hot weather an aspie thing?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 12:38 pm

likedcalico wrote:
Is hating the hot weather an aspie thing?

I guess it's to do with sensitivity to heat - so I would think a lot more Aspies would dislike hot weather than NTs.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 12:41 pm

Actually old people moan about the heat as well!! !!