Page 64 of 67 [ 1063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 9:56 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2023, 7:04 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2023, 9:03 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 11:39 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 9:48 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 9:25 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2023, 11:26 pm

This is a beast of a tune, sadly only a mix-cut from the very place I first heard it (Loxy @ Cable 9/22/2012 London, Renegade Hardware night) but at least having this on Youtube is better than nothing so thank you to whoever posted it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2023, 11:55 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2023, 10:41 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2023, 8:07 pm

Beauty beast... but then gain - when it's an ASC, Aural Imbalance, or any other Spatial release that's almost redundant to say. Impeccable as is usual.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2023, 9:14 pm

Dylan the autist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2023, 3:48 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
So someone told me back when I was 18 or 19 that if I took up listening to drum & bass I'd never have to shower again. I thought that was a fascinating suggestion so I tried it on for size and decided it still wasn't that great a deal because I'd still have to smell me. :lol:

All d&b jokes aside I thought I'd do something I rarely get to do which is start a thread about what's distinctly special to me about this genre. I've cooled down a bit over the last few years so I'm not in a hurry to bury the thread three pages deep in my own selection - I'd rather just pop them in here as I go and at the right times when I think of them. TBH I'm not even going to start off with my all-time favorites, rather I'll just aim at the right zone that I think personifies it.

I think three's a good start. If anyone else sees the connection and wants to jump in that's fine. Only request I might make is we're not headbanging - Venetian Snares, Current Value, etc.. might be better for a different thread. Anything else that's deep, liquid, jazzy, or just generally introspective is a go.

Thank you for remind me of this genre! I forgot about my love for it until I read this post... 8)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 3:55 pm

Dylan the autist wrote:
Thank you for remind me of this genre! I forgot about my love for it until I read this post... 8)

TY. If I ever end up in Ireland I'd want to hit up the Absys record shop in Dublin.

Also Calibre and Ricky Force are both the goats.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2023, 11:24 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2023, 9:24 pm

BEAST!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 11:36 am