Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:29 am

There are people that think that having a loud voice automatically makes you a great teacher. I find that to be untrue in many cases. My siblings and I have had plenty teachers who could yell loud, but they were horrible teachers. They were horrible because they couldn't manage their classes, couldn't explain material well, ignored individualized education plans, and/or played favorites. Some are very judgmental of students and were heavily critical of them explicitly or implicitly.

I know a girl who loves to rub it in that she has a teacher's voice because her mom is a teacher. I don't think it makes her any better than anyone else. This girl isn't teacher material for some of the reasons listed above. I'm not teacher material myself because large groups of kids are too much for me. I'm perfectly fine with that as I know there is a career path out there somewhere for me.

What do you all think?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:34 am

I hate loud teachers :D ! I have one this year, and I don't know how I'm going to survive. Part of the reason why I don't like loud teachers is because I have noise sensitivity. Why do teachers have to be loud in the first place?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 1:09 pm

I think Elaine may actually be a good teacher for that reason. Kids don't need to be afraid to go to school.

Elaine if you get this later, do know that teacher's kids are like preacher's kids....often no more suited to those professions than the man on the moon. I wouldn't give that teacher's kid any further thought.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 1:11 pm

StampySquiddy, you deserve a better teacher than that. I'm sorry to hear you're having to put up with that.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:17 pm

I'm sensitive to noise too. I had a couple teachers that had loud voices, but they had great personalities and were fabulous teachers. Most loud teachers are irritating.

I can't stand preachers' and teachers kids. They are some of the most arrogant and snobby people on earth.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
StampySquiddy, you deserve a better teacher than that. I'm sorry to hear you're having to put up with that.

Thank you for understanding. This teacher screamed at me last year because I didn't know what her classroom number was :roll: .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:48 pm

StampySquiddyFan, I'm sorry you got such a horrible teacher.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm

Wow, you all are really sympathetic! Thank you! :D ^^^^

Hopefully I have some better teachers for my other classes.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:58 pm

☺ hoping your other teachers are better.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 11:16 pm

StampySquiddyFan, you seem like a really cool person.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 11:24 pm

I hate the ones with a monotonous drawl, it's almost like hypnosis, putting you to sleep.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 9:26 am

Chichikov, I find those kind of teachers boring too. I like teachers that are animated when they speak.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:13 am

StampySquiddy is a likeable and charming person. Aspies have a future spokesperson in her.

Benjammin0817
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2017, 10:19 am

In my opinion, the best teachers are the ones that can talk completely calmly and quietly and still command the respect of the class. And when they do get loud, it's for very good reason.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:28 am

ladyelaine wrote:
StampySquiddyFan, you seem like a really cool person.

HistoryGal wrote:
StampySquiddy is a likeable and charming person. Aspies have a future spokesperson in her.

Thank you both so much! ladyelaine, you seem like a really awesome person as well. You ask good questions and have interesting topics, which is always a good thing in my eyes. HistoryGal, you seem to have been through a lot from NT's, but you are a great listener and all-around compassionate person. I like how you used your least favorite term :lol: (Aspies). I hope to talk to you both more! You are really cool people :D .