Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:43 pm

I don't think I ever hit myself or banged my head against a wall until I was an adult.

It happens when I'm anxious, but I'm not sure that the anxiety really causes it. I didn't develop anxiety until I noticed how different I was from other people, that other people probably noticed the difference and might be bothered by it, and that faking normality was difficult. Maybe the lack of a solution to the problem of being "weird" is what causes the SIB.

Did anyone else develop SIB with anxiety? Or for some other reason? I did hit myself a few times when I had migraines because the blow seemed to slightly ameliorate the head pain.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:45 pm

I've done many of these sorts of things for much of my life.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm

I used to bang my head against windows and walls. I really regret it now, I fear it could cause brain damage. Nobody told me to stop though. I did it because I was unhappy in school, felt invisible and unimportant. I haven't done it for a long time.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 5:44 pm

i have always selfed harmed, ever since i was at least 2 years old. i liked to bite myself, throw myself to the ground and head bang.

The head banging was mostly due to anxiety and meltdowns but i would self harm anyways, it was my form of stimming.

I started cutting myself and punching walls when i was 12.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 6:38 pm

It started when I was 12.

Futzeru
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2017, 2:50 pm

I'm not sure if I have or not since ever since Primary school I can remember getting agitated and banging my head on brick walls and hitting myself in the head; which I still do, now I bite myself, punch myself, punch my hands and bang tables with my fists.