Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm

Do you like Halloween?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:46 pm

I always liked the candy, but not the dressing up so much. I found costumes uncomfortable.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:18 pm

I used to love Halloween when I was a kid. Now I miss that and also feel left out and alone when everyone else is designing costumes and making plans and stuff and I have nothing better to do than sit at home watching horror movies (which I do all year round anyway). It feels like I, who love all things supernatural/paranormal/creepy, should do something special for Halloween, but I never have anything to do. I am making a costume I hope to have finished by Halloween, though, even if I don't have anything to dress up for. It's still fun to make, and I'll enjoy it myself even if I don't get to show it off.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:55 pm

Dressing up is my favorite part...but so far I am having a lot of trouble finding a costume item I need. For my birthday my dad sent me a staff, he's been carving walking sticks/staffs and he asked me if I wanted a regular one or a staff of course I wanted the staff...so I figured for Halloween I could get a cloak and dress as a wizard or mage. Trouble is I am barely 5 feet tall and every cloak I have seen that might work well is taller than me so it would just drag on the ground and trip me probably. :(

But yeah I very much enjoy Halloween, I really hope I can get that day off from work...I probably can if I mention it ahead of time. I don't mind working on any of the other holidays as I don't care much about the rest, I don't really celebrate Christmas but I like to observe the winter solstice which pagans acknowleged but yeah don't care about the christian celebration.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 7:17 pm

Do people like Halloween decorations?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 7:24 pm

They're cool. I like Christmas decorations better, though.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2017, 9:03 pm

It's strange to me that all the morbid stuff is suddenly acceptable. Like for a few weeks of the year it's OK for everyone to be the wired goth kid who likes serial killers and skulls. Then it shifts to peace, love, and X-mas. People have to purge I guess. I was once a goth kid so I probably have a odd prospective. And speaking strictly as a straight male I like the ladies costumes. They must know what they are doing. :wink:

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 9:18 pm

I like Halloween for the sweets. I stopped trick or treating years ago though.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 10:03 pm

It was the best holiday when I was a kid.Maybe not so much fun now for kids.Who wants to trick or treat at the mall??

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Oct 2017, 2:16 am

I do like the candy but that's about it. I was never really into it or any other holidays.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 4:10 am

Whatever job I have usually takes up my time so parties are not really an option. I settle for making this a time to enjoy the Art of Horror including films, but also fiction or even music.

I try to enjoy Halloween and the Fall season, because I find Christmas really annoying. It's not that I dislike Christmas celebration, but it has practically absorbed Thanksgiving and become a 2 month holiday. In fact, it might annoy me to the point I'll feel like watching Krampus to go backwards into the Halloween mood.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 4:21 am

Oh, yes. I used to have a ghost costume (big surprise, there, right? :P ) in the old days. I like the scary stuff and decorations. A good time for scary movies, too.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 3:54 pm

Yup! I'm Simon Cowell this year. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 4:05 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Yup! I'm Simon Cowell this year. :D

How does one "dress up as" Simon Cowell?

Besides making yourself look like a nondescript adult White male, and put on British accent, and a nasty personality, how would you convey "Simon Cowell"? :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 7:05 pm

Love it. Not the graphic gory adult stuff though, just the fun, childlike spookiness and getting to dress as whoever or whatever you want instead of the usual boring-looking person, and no one has a problem with it.

I've put up decorations in the windows that I've made myself. Just this weekend I made a big scat cat face with black poster board with these reflective giant cat "wiggly eyes" I bought at the craft store. They don't actually wiggle but are yellow-green with catlike pupils and realistic-looking, and I just peeled the back and stuck them on.

I'm dressing up like the Cat in the Hat this year. I wonder if I can spend my whole time at the costume dance I'm going to speaking in rhyme or quoting lines from the book.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 9:07 am

Last year, I dressed up as the mom (and coach) of Denis Istomin, Klaudiya Istomina. I dressed in a tennis sweatsuit, carried a racquet and had pictures of Denis and his mom. I might be a cat this year, but I don't know yet.