Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

marcaevans
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2017, 4:45 pm

Eidetic memory is honestly something I wish I had, I have read online that in some respect this case be learnt (obviously it wouldn’t be to the level of a natural Eidetic memory). Does anyone know if this is true?

Diagnosed ASD November 2016

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2017, 6:11 pm

Sure, it can be practiced. I'm not sure how to do it if you're not a drawer/painter though. I only know that since I started to depict more objects and photos (rather than just drawing from my mind), it's become easier for me to keep the image of subject in my mind longer so I don't have to look at it as often to get a correct depiction. Also, when I see a person walking by on the street that I'd like to draw, I won't be able to look at them long enough to capture every detail, but the more I do it, the more I can remember what they looked like.
You mentioning this is making me want to try and practice that more. I think if I were to try and look at my subject as little as possible, then that ability would get better.

I think it's just about training the brain to focus on the right things.

You know that game where you put a bunch of objects on a table, look away while someone removes one of the objects and then you look back and try to remember which one it was. I guess that would be a good way to do it if drawing isn't an option.