what was the dentist like for you as a kid

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

autism1022
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2017, 9:52 pm

what was the dentist like for you as a kid for me i got gas, pre meds and a wrap too keep me still

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 10:35 pm

I hated it, especially getting teeth pulled, because of the little prick they would give you. Sometimes I found it so intolerable that I would scream.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 11:00 pm

Didn't really have due to lack of funds. I only remember going once when I was about 5 or 6 (to get rid of my front baby teeth if I'm not mistaken), but not what happened. It wouldn't be until my 20s where I'd see an actual dentist.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Oct 2017, 3:54 am

They didn't do any of that stuff for me but I still hated going especially when I had braces. The orthodontist was not good with kids & never let the parents go back there with em. He also always complained about me needing to brush my teeth better but I only had one cavity in my life & that was as an adult & my regular dentist say I do a good job. My teeth are stained but I never used a whiting toothpaste cuz I hear those are bad for teeth.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:07 am

I got f*****g braces and found out three years later the braces would have never corrected my jaw problem and I would have had to had mouth surgery to fix it. Turns out my teeth are just fine for the most part, I mean I finally got two cavities at the age of 28. But yeah after three f*****g years turns out braces did not do anything for me...so I went through 3 years of crap just to find out braces were not the solution to my jaw misalignment. Once I got those terrible things out I didn't wear my reteainer...but yeah the idea was my back teeth would grind down too much causing problems with my front teeth.....but I kept my wisdom teeth which is not a factor they considered...so those will have to grind down before my other teeth are at risk and by then I will be close to death anyways. Lol they told me Id need dentures at age 20 if I didn't keep up with the retainer and such....I am 28 and not even close to needing dentures.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:18 am

I think sometimes, 'braces' are just a scam to get money from unsuspectig parents. I mean like I said I got braces for three years and it turned out that would never have corrected it because my jaw is misaligned, its not an issue of crooked teeth which is what dentists tried treating it as it is my jaw bone is literally not lined up quite right so it causes a slight misalignment that 3 years of braces doesn't fix.

I mean I apparently was at risk of dying from suffocation by wrapping the embelical cord around my neck when I was born...its quite possible during birth I injured my jaw if I was that difficult of a birth. It was like baby version of myself was trying to avoid being born.

But of course my parents ended up being conned out of 600 dollars or more for my braces which I didn't need because to actually fix the problem I would need a 1,500 dollar oral operation. And its not even enough of a problem to justify that kind of money, its a slight misalignment and I can chew just fine. There are people with degenerative diseases that probably loose their teeth at 20 and they want to focus on the cosmetic look of perfect teeth for some girl whos not even in actual danger of losing her teeth while ripping off her parents.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Oct 2017, 3:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I think sometimes, 'braces' are just a scam to get money from unsuspectig parents.
My orthodontist kept complaining about how things were going slower than they should of been but as soon as the insurance ran out for em, he decided to take em out & said he did the best he could.
I wore my retainer for a short while after I had em out & then I quit. I have alitle bit of a cross-bite but that doesn't bother me any.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last bumped by autism1022 on 26 Oct 2017, 3:33 pm.