Probably the Worst Pickup Line Ever.

Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 4:40 am

sly279 wrote:
Any any thought of trying to be silly or playful in first messages are now gone.

being silly/playful in a first message is just fine, just don't imply you have an STD as part of the joke....even if its a joke and totally false its going to be off-putting.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:49 am

sly279 wrote:
I imagine women share my messages with their friends and talk about what a loser I am and how dare I think I was good enough for her.

Most The Women who message me usually ask for pictures of my privates after few days of messages or less :(

The guy who sent me the "send nudes" message is the only one I've straight-up called a loser with my friends. There's really no excuse for that kind of behavior, except perhaps illiteracy since I made it very clear on my profile that I'm not looking for dudes who just want a one-night stand.

It sounds like they're the kind of girls who just want a hook-up. I'd recommend staying away from those.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 4:52 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
being silly/playful in a first message is just fine, just don't imply you have an STD as part of the joke....even if its a joke and totally false its going to be off-putting.

I couldn't have said that better myself.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 8:57 am

Eh, I've heard worse pickup lines. Such as, uh... err...

Okay, actually I haven't.

While I believe in the notion that it's okay to joke about anything, I do have to agree with Sweetleaf in that implying carrying an STD isn't exactly the best way to go about thinking up pickup lines.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 10:16 am

That was a trolling joke from someone who doesn't want to date you.

Just because he sent this, doesn't mean he is attracted to you.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

Marissa: how ‘bout I make like a biscuit and sop you up like GGRRRRRAAAAAVY?

:wink:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

sly279 wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

People who try to manipulate people like that deserve to be mocked. What a loser. You don’t owe him an excuse. You’re way too nice. He deserves a “You’re pathetic, I’m not sending you pictures because you’re a creep. F off”.

It's not the first time someone's said that to me, and I'm certain it won't be the last. :lol:

I think I have only ever blocked one person on OkCupid. He literally tried to start a conversation with, "send nudes" to me. I almost DID tell that guy to F off, but I just settled for taking a screenshot of the message and sending it to my friends so that they could roast him for me (after I edited out his username and picture, though).

I imagine women share my messages with their friends and talk about what a loser I am and how dare I think I was good enough for her.

Most The Women who message me usually ask for pictures of my privates after few days of messages or less :(

I wouldn’t think they would. You don’t come across as creepy at all.

It’s quite unusual for women to ask for pics first. Just be careful, don’t let anyone manipulate you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Any any thought of trying to be silly or playful in first messages are now gone.

But it’s impossible to judge if the woman would find it funny or stupid. So it’s like steeping into a mindfield :s

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 2:48 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
MarissaKay wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

People who try to manipulate people like that deserve to be mocked. What a loser. You don’t owe him an excuse. You’re way too nice. He deserves a “You’re pathetic, I’m not sending you pictures because you’re a creep. F off”.

It's not the first time someone's said that to me, and I'm certain it won't be the last. :lol:

I think I have only ever blocked one person on OkCupid. He literally tried to start a conversation with, "send nudes" to me. I almost DID tell that guy to F off, but I just settled for taking a screenshot of the message and sending it to my friends so that they could roast him for me (after I edited out his username and picture, though).

I wouldn’t think they would. You don’t come across as creepy at all.

It’s quite unusual for women to ask for pics first. Just be careful, don’t let anyone manipulate you.

I dont know I look ugly. But women tend to show picand interactions of loser men who aren’t good enough to date them online then bash them with others. I imagine I’ve been one of those. I’m a worthless loser after all. All women are out of my league

Too late for that, but I will try harder in the future if that even happens. Since they never liked me or found me attractive I’m only left to wonder why and what they wanted pictures for :(

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 2:49 pm

AngelRho wrote:

I couldn’t think of something like that

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 2:52 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:

But it’s impossible to judge if the woman would find it funny or stupid. So it’s like steeping into a mindfield :s

Gross out humor = bad.
Politically incorrect humor = bad.
Long-winded jokes that contain 80,000 words or more, with a punchline = bad.
Anything perverted = bad.
Really subtle humor = bad.
Reference to something niche = bad.

Something that relates to the specific person you're messaging, that's harmless but maybe a little bit cheeky, with a bit of wit but not anything fancy = good.

Make sure your jokes don't fit into bad categories before passing them off to complete strangers.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2017, 3:09 pm

AngelRho wrote:

:lol: I actually laughed out loud reading this. Nicely done!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 1:48 am

Do you know what’s the most honest pickup line, ladies?

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2017, 2:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This should be good. :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 3:47 am

MarissaKay wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This should be good. :D

“I want to sleep with you”

That’s the most non-pc honest pickup line you would ever hear it from a guy.

:lol:

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2017, 4:18 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

“I want to sleep with you”

That’s the most non-pc honest pickup line you would ever hear it from a guy.

:lol:

I really don't think I can dispute that.