Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 6:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Dave Chappelle did a great parody of R Kelly

On a serious note rappers probably need to reign in their anti-disability behavior as its not funny or relevant anymore (neither for that matter is "gansta life")

Prominent African Americans put rappers who spout prejudice against gays or the disabled on a pedestal only tarnish their communities image especially when they themselves are subject to discrimination

I know there are rappers who would not behave like that, I mean my main problem with a lot of rap/hip hop in the mainstream is the rappers creating it are really garbage, not just making up crap lyrics but the crappy attitude of glorifying thug life and mocking disabled people and degrading women for instance. However I can appreciate it when it has good lyrics about real issues...or is genuine blowing off steam about their own experiences in life.

I mean the fact that a lot of mildly racist 'white trash' right winger types listen to that kind of stuff says something. Like maybe they still don't like black people but they'll certainly listen to any who glorify acting like a thug and degrading women.