Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 9:56 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Except when there is a political monopoly like there is in the UK and US were two parties absolutely dominate and your choice is merely a choice of the lesser evils.

The fact of the matter is, though, corporations and the rich have bought and payed for much of the two parties. Elected officials are more interested in serving corporate masters and special interests than with serving the people.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 10:02 pm

Yeah that is true but partly that's because they kind of have to. Microsoft never used to give any money to politicians and when they decided to give away for free internet explorer the government decided to sue them for Anti trust. I think the solution is a constitution that limits both the power of government and of companies.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 10:46 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Yeah that is true but partly that's because they kind of have to. Microsoft never used to give any money to politicians and when they decided to give away for free internet explorer the government decided to sue them for Anti trust. I think the solution is a constitution that limits both the power of government and of companies.

I agree with your conclusion.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 11:21 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
TUAndrew wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I think Africans taking their land back is a just action. Mugabe was corrupt and just gave it to his supporters hence why it failed.

Gaining independence and promoting racist ethnic nationalism are two different things; unfortunately Zimbabwe committed the latter.

Taking back stolen land is not ethnic nationalism, here in the UK 1000 years ago our land was stolen and these families still mostly own that land to the point that we have the second most unequal distribution of land in the world only better that Brazil.

Yeah! Someone should send those thieving Normans back where they came from! Keep England for the English, not for foreign invaders like the Normans.

Remember that the royal family is descended from that arch-usurper, William the Conqueror AKA William the Bastard!
I think we should put the direct descendant of King Harold II on the throne so we can have a Saxon king again!

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 11:29 pm

I don't think we should have a monarch or deport anyone I just don't think we should allow families to keep vast amounts of wealth which were gain by violence.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 12:29 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
TUAndrew wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I think Africans taking their land back is a just action. Mugabe was corrupt and just gave it to his supporters hence why it failed.

Gaining independence and promoting racist ethnic nationalism are two different things; unfortunately Zimbabwe committed the latter.

Taking back stolen land is not ethnic nationalism, here in the UK 1000 years ago our land was stolen and these families still mostly own that land to the point that we have the second most unequal distribution of land in the world only better that Brazil.

Yeah! Someone should send those thieving Normans back where they came from! Keep England for the English, not for foreign invaders like the Normans.

Remember that the royal family is descended from that arch-usurper, William the Conqueror AKA William the Bastard!
I think we should put the direct descendant of King Harold II on the throne so we can have a Saxon king again!

By that thinking, the English should have to return to Germany, the Netherlands, and Denmark. :lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
TUAndrew wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

By that thinking, the English should have to return to Germany, the Netherlands, and Denmark. :lol:

If we give England back to the Celts we'll have to rename it. Any suggestions?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:08 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
TUAndrew wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

Britain, like before.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
TUAndrew wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

Britain, like before.

If you want but Celtland sounds so much cooler.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:52 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
TUAndrew wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

Britain, like before.

If you want but Celtland sounds so much cooler.

Perhaps, but Britain is actually historic.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 3:52 am

Britain comes from the Roman Britannia and the natives were known as Britons which we still all to this day and those tribes still make up the majority of our DNA.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 4:55 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Britain comes from the Roman Britannia and the natives were known as Britons which we still all to this day and those tribes still make up the majority of our DNA.

Even in south eastern England, where most of the Anglo-Saxons settled?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 7:03 am

Daniel89 wrote:

Well Britain is no good because that name was forced on them by the Roman invaders.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 8:16 am

I am not sure about specific regional makeup but yeah it varies to what extent I don't know. The ruling class saw themselves as the heirs to Rome hence them keeping the name and upper class students education mostly consisting of classics.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 8:24 am

Yep. I'm sure every petty kingdom thought they'd be the next Rome.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 12:28 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yep. I'm sure every petty kingdom thought they'd be the next Rome.

One British historian on a documentary I saw was implying just that. In truth, the real heir of Rome in the west was the Frankish kingdom, which encompassed much of modern Germany, France, and Belgium.