Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sivad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2007, 7:42 pm

This is something that has been peeving me forever, and I get a lot of crap. I don't run and don't like to run, when I run, I can be clumsy and fall and injure myself. I get crap for this. Being told I don't know how to hustle and what not. Does anyone hate running for this reason? I just wanted to gauge this a bit.

jijin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2007, 7:53 pm

Sivad wrote:
This is something that has been peeving me forever, and I get a lot of crap. I don't run and don't like to run, when I run, I can be clumsy and fall and injure myself. I get crap for this. Being told I don't know how to hustle and what not. Does anyone hate running for this reason? I just wanted to gauge this a bit.

forget them. don't run if you don't like it.... I had the same thing in the air force. I took alot of flak for that... but I can take more flak then they can give.

Is there a reason you have to run?

Cause we don?t clean up our own s**t
And when refused we throw a fit
As we scream ?I don-wanna-hear-it?

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 7:56 pm

Sivad wrote:

I'm not scared to run, I just generally haven't. I can't even recall why. I DO remember spending 2 years on a particular track, so that means that I developed in or before 1st grade. I also remember a guy that was so arrogant, that I raced him. I not only ran, but I ran faster than anyone else on the track. They didn't make fun, but where shocked. After approximately one lap of staying ahead of everyone, I figured I made my case, and just went back to walking.

Steve

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 7:58 pm

I have no need to run now really. The last time I regularly ran anywhere was in school and that was only because they forced me to. Bastards. I didn't like it then though. People used to make fun of me because I had a weird way of running apparently...

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 8:04 pm

I HATE running. I prefer to walk. Every time I get done running after a long period of time, I get some nasty flem in my throat and my lungs go crazy, even though I don't have asthma.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 8:05 pm

Yoshie777 wrote:
I HATE running. I prefer to walk. Every time I get done running after a long period of time, I get some nasty flem in my throat and my lungs go crazy, even though I don't have asthma.

My throat always hurts after I run.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 8:16 pm

Running is hard for me because I have short tendons

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 8:21 pm

I suffered from asthma as a kid, and I couldn't do much running those days, much less sports adding the lack of coordination skills.

I dont get asthma now, but if I run fast for a few seconds, I get very dizzy and I see everything white

Evilmonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2007, 8:33 pm

Sopho wrote:
Yoshie777 wrote:

I'm think it means your vital lung capacity is increasing, not sure though

I'm a good runner, though I know exactly how it feels when people give you crap when you look funny.

It's easiest just to ignore them first off, I like to imagine there is only me, point A (where I am) and point B (Where I would like to be) everything else is what stops me from getting to point B and I sure as hell am not gonna let some judgmental moron immobilize me with words and feelings.

StonedRoach
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2007, 9:07 pm

Sivad wrote:

♪♪ Walk-Don't Run - The Ventures ♪♪

I was told once that I run like a dork. So I don't run.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 10:25 pm

Evilmonkey has some good advice, there, for people that feel self-concious about how they look while running. Just think about where you’re going, not about who you just passed. People who yell things at you don't feel good about themselves, unless they see that they can get a reaction from you. Don’t slow down, don’t change, be proud of yourself. If you listen to music while running, you can easily prepare to tune out anyone when you know that you’ll be passing by them. I wear Koss KSC75 headphones, which stay on well and sound great.

I love running in everyday situations. At my school, the distance between the classrooms and the student parking lot is so far, and I hate walking the winding sidewalk alongside most of the other students so much, that I almost always run, in a direct line, even with a heavy backpack on, even up a hill. My tendency to run is ingrained in me from being late for things so often. My ability to continue running is from keeping myself fit, and from thinking about my stride in my typical aspie methodology. Running makes me feel alive and good. I don’t wear running shoes, either, I do it in the sport sandals that I wear all the time.

StonedRoach
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2007, 10:28 pm

Flismflop wrote:
Evilmonkey has some good advice, there, for people that feel self-concious about how they look while running. Just think about where you’re going, not about who you just passed. People who yell things at you don't feel good about themselves, unless they see that they can get a reaction from you. Don’t slow down, don’t change, be proud of yourself. If you listen to music while running, you can easily prepare to tune out anyone when you know that you’ll be passing by them. I wear Koss KSC75 headphones, which stay on well and sound great.

I love running in everyday situations. At my school, the distance between the classrooms and the student parking lot is so far, and I hate walking the winding sidewalk alongside most of the other students so much, that I almost always run, in a direct line, even with a heavy backpack on, even up a hill. My tendency to run is ingrained in me from being late for things so often. My ability to continue running is from keeping myself fit, and from thinking about my stride in my typical aspie methodology. Running makes me feel alive and good. I don’t wear running shoes, either, I do it in the sport sandals that I wear all the time.

Every pairs of Koss I've had lasted me for a few days.

And that is good advice, although I never seem to follow it. But in my opinion, someone who calls you a ret*d and doesn't get a reaction must feel more ret*d. I just need to hold on to that thought.

Thank you, you helped me enlighten myself.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 10:51 pm

I store my Koss KSC75 headphones in an aluminum case that’s meant for reading glasses. It’s kept them going strong for more than a year, now. I’ve heard of people keeping theirs in an Altoids box.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 11:42 pm

Sopho wrote:
Yoshie777 wrote:

Breathe through your nose.

I had asthma when younger,
but eventually managed to
control it. Breathing through
the mouth exacerbated it.

Eventually, I was so far behind
in PE classes, that I was given the
option to run a mile in exchange
for every missed class. I loved it -
everyone else was doing stuff
I didn't enjoy (softball and such),
but I was just running alone. Was
doing 5 miles a day.

Now, I probably couldn't - I'd get bored.
I know that I'm still in pretty good shape,
but it just doesn't interest me any longer.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

04 Jun 2007, 1:41 am

I bet my running dynamics sucks but the only problem I have right now is my knees have mild pain if I run and if I keep doing it it will become major pain. So I tend to walk 2 hours instead.

willow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 1:43 am

I don't like running...I feel awkward in my head.