Page 11 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2020, 9:05 am

Callafiriel wrote:
Dreamsea wrote:
To those that wear makeup: do you wear foundation? How do you ignore the feeling?

I can't wear foundation or anything like it. I even hate moisturizers and use them only when my skin is extremely dry. And even then I only use one that has no smell and feels like water on the skin. I have always hated the feel of cremes or salves on my skin.

Wearing make-up for me just means I put some colour around my eyes. I like wearing eyeliner, some very discreet eyeshadow and maskara. Every now and then I paint my nails but I usually can't stand it longer than a day then I can no longer deal with the feeling.

As for heels, I love them. I hate wearing trainers or the like, I almost never wear those. If a have the choice I would always buy a show with heels. Maybe that's because I'm small and it makes me bigger and I feel taken more seriously then. I don't know. I also think it feels better. As soon as I get home, however, any kind of shoes come off. I hate wearing shoes at home. Soft socks are the best :D

I hate moisturizers too. I own just one light weight fragrance free light moisturizer that I only wear when my skin is dry which is rare. I have very oily skin. I am currently on Spironolactone to control my acne. Spironolactone makes my skin less oily but my skin is still oily. I wear the moisturizer on rare occasions when my acne meds make my skin feel dry. My sunblock is also light weight and not moisturizing. I hate wearing sunblock but I do any way because skin needs to be protected from the sun. My daily skin regimen consists of washing my face and applying topical acne medicine. I only apply sunblock when I go outside. That’s it. I hate putting stuff on my face.

The only makeup I am okay wearing is tinted lip balm. Eye makeup for me consists of mascara and very thinly applied eyeliner and only on the top eye lid for both. My skin is very oily so eye makeup tends to smear and makes me look like a panda bear. Eye makeup irritates my eye area after wearing it for a few days.

No socks for me. I prefer to go barefoot.

Callafiriel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2020, 2:41 am

Dreamsea, from your post I think you must live in a much warmer climate than I do. :D

I need sunblock about a five to ten times a year - thankfully - because I hate the stuff too. But when it's hot and sunny, I have to put it on, because I have very light skin.

As for the socks... I am wearing two pairs of thick plushy socks (one on top of the other) at the moment. It's just too cold otherwise - even with the heating on all day. But I don't have floor heating. I hope that it will get warmer soon, so I can wear only one pair. I am not too fond of the cold.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 5:39 am

Dreamsea wrote:
To those that wear makeup: do you wear foundation? How do you ignore the feeling?

And when I say foundation I mean anything with pigment that you smear over your entire face such as bb cream, tinted moisturizer, cc cream, skin tint, concealer, etc. Some people claim not to wear foundation but then wear one of these. Technically these are all foundations but under a different name. I find that they all create the same gross feeling on my skin. They make my acne worse too.

I don't wear foundation or anything else on that list. Just an spf. Like you, I can't stand the gross feeling :|

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 10:42 am

Callafiriel wrote:
Dreamsea wrote:

I can't wear foundation or anything like it. I even hate moisturizers and use them only when my skin is extremely dry. And even then I only use one that has no smell and feels like water on the skin. I have always hated the feel of cremes or salves on my skin.

Wearing make-up for me just means I put some colour around my eyes. I like wearing eyeliner, some very discreet eyeshadow and maskara. Every now and then I paint my nails but I usually can't stand it longer than a day then I can no longer deal with the feeling.

As for heels, I love them. I hate wearing trainers or the like, I almost never wear those. If a have the choice I would always buy a show with heels. Maybe that's because I'm small and it makes me bigger and I feel taken more seriously then. I don't know. I also think it feels better. As soon as I get home, however, any kind of shoes come off. I hate wearing shoes at home. Soft socks are the best :D

Yeah one of my friends..well she used to be.. I have let go of that friendship part now.

Anyway she is v short too but she is a great dancer and loves heels . she also loves things like Japanese and Korean music n shows.

She loves heels so much that she literally did a Korean pop dance across the road in cobalt blue very high heels

Bcuz she wanted to see if she could (bcuz apparently the korean girls dance in heels) and she could. Then she danced on the sidewalk like that..

It was so funny bcuz a car passed by and they stopped to see what she was up to.

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 10:45 pm

I love experimenting with makeup, but I rarely have time to put it on. Not a huge fan of liquid foundation; thankfully I have pretty good skin, so I can get away with concealer and powder.

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 3:33 am

No, I almost never wear makeup.

I've always resented the idea that I as a woman was supposed to spend a lot of time and money fussing around with my appearance, as if I had nothing better to do.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 5:59 pm

I almost never wear any. It doesn't suit my clothes or appearance, and I find that prettying myself up with it takes too much of my time.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 7:04 pm

I almost always put on makeup, yes. It's very rare for me not to wear any, even if I'm not doing much that day.

StimWithMe
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 May 2020, 3:52 am

No. Too irritating on my skin.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 2:47 pm

Just lightly on the eyes and brows, so they don't look washed out behind my glasses.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2020, 2:33 pm

Yes I do wear make-up, but not while travelling so I haven't wore any since 7 months which is my absolute record since I started 10 years ago :lol:

nicetomeetyou.
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2020, 8:58 am

Sometimes, however I find it can irritate my skin a little.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:14 am

No. Makeup is gross.

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2020, 12:16 pm

I do when I feel like it, but I didn't start wearing until I was 18 since I was blessed to grow up with a mom who is very down-to-earth and doesn't wear anything but lipstick herself. The reason I started wearing makeup was I discovered a woman on YouTube who would occasionally do makeup videos (in addition to other content) and something about the brushes made me so enthralled that I started wearing makeup haha. Still, I only wear the bare minimum and it's on my terms of what I personally feel looks cute. I touch my face and rub my eyes all the time so it has to be makeup that I don't mind wearing off.

teddybears_and_twirling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2020, 3:42 am

Not since my acne cleared up. Nowadays I'll only wear mascara for really special events, and that's only because my eyelashes are so light that they're practically invisible without. I do colour my eyebrows every two months or so for the same reason. If my eyelashes and eyebrows were naturally darker, I wouldn't bother with any of it.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 12:24 pm

I usually use:

Moisturizer
Lip gloss
Light neutral eyeshadow and now that it’s summer a little bit of light matte bronzer on my cheekbones

When I feel extra I do thick black eyeliner, shimmer eyeshadow, glitter and dark matte lipstick.

Skincare is vital if you like to wear a lot of makeup. I use exfoliating gel face wash, moisturizer every morning and every night, a charcoal bubble sheet mask, a dewy skin sheet mask etc...

-Down, The Birthday Massacre