Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DataDeltaX
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2017, 8:45 pm

Hi,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster on this site. So sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

So basically to sum everything up, I have lost meaning and direction in life.
I am 19 years old, moved into my flat on my own last summer after spending spring couch surfing at friends houses.
I have no friends in the area apart from my boyfriend and his family, who I like.

I have a casual hours contract as an event worker, but because it's winter there's no shifts available.
I am signed up for college which is two days a week but I haven't been in since October and now I feel too scared to go in and feel like a fraud. I have been lying to people saying that college is going well and that I'm enjoying it.

My housing benefit has recently been suspended for no reason and I don't know what to do.

My depression has come back full-force and now I barely make it out of bed. I always feel tired but can't get to sleep but can't wake up in the morning either. I spend most of my time in my room on my phone/laptop because I can't bring myself to get out of bed. I often contemplate suicide, I don't think I would do it, but I think about it a lot.

I have no support system in place, I have only recently signed up at my GP and no one knows about my situation.

There's no one who I can talk to apart from my boyfriend but he doesn't understand and I feel bad talking to him about it because then he gets sad/worried and i don't want to be a burden. I wish I could just fade away, but I want help. I need to get better. I just want to stop feeling like this but it seems endless.

Please help

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 8:55 pm

DataDeltaX wrote:
Hi,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster on this site. So sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

So basically to sum everything up, I have lost meaning and direction in life.
I am 19 years old, moved into my flat on my own last summer after spending spring couch surfing at friends houses.
I have no friends in the area apart from my boyfriend and his family, who I like.

I have a casual hours contract as an event worker, but because it's winter there's no shifts available.
I am signed up for college which is two days a week but I haven't been in since October and now I feel too scared to go in and feel like a fraud. I have been lying to people saying that college is going well and that I'm enjoying it.

My housing benefit has recently been suspended for no reason and I don't know what to do.

My depression has come back full-force and now I barely make it out of bed. I always feel tired but can't get to sleep but can't wake up in the morning either. I spend most of my time in my room on my phone/laptop because I can't bring myself to get out of bed. I often contemplate suicide, I don't think I would do it, but I think about it a lot.

I have no support system in place, I have only recently signed up at my GP and no one knows about my situation.

There's no one who I can talk to apart from my boyfriend but he doesn't understand and I feel bad talking to him about it because then he gets sad/worried and i don't want to be a burden. I wish I could just fade away, but I want help. I need to get better. I just want to stop feeling like this but it seems endless.

Please help

I would find someone to talk to who knows what you are going through. A Psychologist might help.

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2017, 1:21 pm

DataDeltaX wrote:

Please help

You did the right thing by reaching out. Try reaching out on Elefriends https://www.elefriends.org.uk

Perhaps you have or haven’t heard of this support network. It isn’t available where I live but it is specifically for people in your situation. Building a support network won’t be easy but this should help get you started. As for university, I wouldn’t worry about the trouble you might face but you will have to go and explain what’s happening in your life and how it’s affecting your academics.