Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 7:57 pm

When you are rejected, have patience, still be yourself, and respond to the person who rejects you politely. Let all the times you tried to socialize with the person but embarrass yourself be a hiccup(as in let it be in the past and forgotten). Understand respectfully why the person rejected you, and then move on with life.

In this world there are several different types of political believes, religious believes, philosophical believes, interests, likes, and dislikes. What may work for you may not work for another person, but that doesn't mean shame yourself for being different. It means to realize with an open mind you are different from everyone like everyone is different from you. There are many people who are lonely and who put themselves down and who like you are embarrassed to talk to other people. Some people we can assume have lots of friends but once we know them well have little to none.

I feel like I have to be interested in what everyone is interested in. Some days I feel like I have an oppositional intrusive force I am unaware of that exists when I try to be nice to people. I feel people put a mask on to hide that I have this force. It's insane! I can't even describe it well.

You aren't alone.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:17 pm

Just walk away.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 9:47 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Just walk away.

Yes, just walk away.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 12:29 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
There are many people who are lonely and who put themselves down and who like you are embarrassed to talk to other people.

Well, no, I'm not embarrassed to talk to other people.
It's that due to being autistic, I'm slower to process social cues and conversation.
So I really DO want to talk, but it can be hard to get a word in edgewise
when the other people are doing all the talking, keeping the eye contact between themselves, etc.,
such that by the time you talk,
you're either interrupting (normally without meaning to), or
the topic of conversation has already ended
and they've started a new one
before you had a chance to contribute to the old one.

ZachGoodwin wrote:
Some people we can assume have lots of friends but once we know them well have little to none.

Yep. Popularity is largely an act. It tends to be superficial.

ZachGoodwin wrote:
I feel like I have to be interested in what everyone is interested in. Some days I feel like I have an oppositional intrusive force I am unaware of that exists when I try to be nice to people. I feel people put a mask on to hide that I have this force. It's insane! I can't even describe it well.

You're describing it just fine.

ZachGoodwin wrote:
You aren't alone.

Think we need to rename "Wrong Planet" to "Wrong Planets"?
In this case, do two wrongs make a right? :mrgreen:

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 6:17 am

It's not about being wrong or right. It's about what we feel.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 9:22 am

HistoryGal wrote:
It's not about being wrong or right. It's about what we feel.

Okay, then we need to rename this website "Feel Planet" or "Feel Planets" ... :)