Page 20 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 8:34 pm

Conor McGregor denies allegation he sexually assaulted woman at Game 4 of NBA finals

Quote:
Former UFC champion Conor McGregor has denied an allegation he sexually assaulted a woman in the men’s bathroom at the Miami Heat's arena following Game 4 of the NBA Finals.

The woman, who has not been identified, was allegedly forced into the bathroom by security after the Denver Nuggets beat the Miami Heat 108-95 on June 9, according to demand letters written by her attorney, Ariel Mitchell.

A lawyer for McGregor said in a statement to NBC News that “the allegations are false. Mr. McGregor will not be intimidated.”

The Miami Heat said it was aware of the allegations and are conducting an investigation. “Pending the outcome of the investigation, we will withhold further comment,” the team said in a statement. The NBA did not return a request for comment.

McGregor attended the game at Kaseya Center and participated in a skit with the Miami Heat mascot, Burnie, to promote a new pain-relief spray.

"Mr. McGregor, aided and abetted by the NBA and Miami Heat Kaseya security, had the victim physically forced via security into the men’s bathroom, separating her from her friend and trapping her inside with Mr. McGregor and his security guard," Mitchell wrote in three separate letters addressed to McGregor, the Miami Heat and the NBA.

"Once isolated and trapped in the VIP men’s bathroom at the Kaseya Center, security refused to let her exit or allow anyone else, including her friend, inside the bathroom," the letters state.

Mitchell said McGregor exited a handicapped stall, "shoved his tongue in the victim’s mouth and aggressively kissed her," according to the letters.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 8:38 pm

4 NHL players charged with sexual assault in 2018 case, lawyers say

Quote:
NHL players Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote of the New Jersey Devils and Dillon Dube of the Calgary Flames have been charged with sexual assault in connection with an alleged assault by several members of Canada's 2018 world junior team.

Attorneys representing Hart, McLeod, Foote and Dube said Tuesday that each player has been charged with sexual assault by police in London, Ontario. They denied any wrongdoing on behalf of their clients.

Hart's lawyers, Megan Savard and Riaz Sayani, said their client is facing one count of sexual assault, adding, "He is innocent and will provide a full response to this false accusation in the proper forum, a court of law."

"[McLeod] will be pleading not guilty and will vigorously defend the case," attorneys David Humphrey and Seth Weinstein said in a statement. "We ask that the public respect Mr. McLeod's privacy, and his family's privacy. Because the matter is now before the court, we will not comment further at this time."

Dube's lawyers, Louis Strezos and Kayleigh Davidson said he "maintains his innocence (and) will defend the allegations in court."

The latest developments come two days after former NHL player Alex Formenton surrendered to police to face charges, according to one of his lawyers. Attorney Daniel Brown also said Formenton is innocent "and asks that people not rush to judgment without hearing all of the evidence."

Five players from Canada's 2018 world junior team — McLeod, Dube, Formenton, Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers and Cal Foote of the Devils — have taken leaves from their current clubs.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman