How do you feel about 'The Good Doctor'?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2024, 1:31 pm

I really liked the Autistic doctor in Gray's Anatomy. I forgot her name. I wish they had kept her on the show longer.

Wreck It Ralph

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2024, 3:16 pm

The main character reminds me of someone I work with, actually, minus the savant syndrome. I think it's the robotic voice.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 10:48 am

The Good Doctor' Star Freddie Highmore Says He Hopes the Show Changed 'Perceptions Around Autism' - Autistic Actress to play medical student

Quote:
Freddie Highmore hopes that his series The Good Doctor helped to move the needle when it comes to discussions around autism spectrum disorder in its seven-season run on ABC.

Speaking with ET's Hope Sloop at a Television Critics Association event on Saturday, the British actor, 31, shared that as the hit medical drama prepares to come to a close, he and his fellow cast and crew members -- including showrunner David Shore -- are looking back and sharing their aspirations for how the show is viewed long-term

"I guess one thing that we didn't really talk about in the panel, David [Shore] and I often discussed this hope and desire that the show would be considered -- or at least it certainly was to us --as more than just a TV show and that it spoke to wider issues and themes," Highmore told ET.

It's especially important in today’s world to portray different versions of masculinity, not only the stereotypical ones," he said at the time.

During the Saturday TCA panel, ABC showed a clip from the upcoming season -- which prominently featured Kayla Cromer, an actress with autism spectrum disorder, who joins the series as Charlene "Charlie" Lukaitis, a medical student who idolizes Highmore's character.

"She is the first actor with autism who we've had playing a doctor on the show, and she's going to be there for a number of episodes" said executive producer Liz Friedman. "We're bringing her in as a young med student who has ASD and actually a character who got into medicine because of Shaun Murphy."

In a post on Instagram from January, Cromer, 25, shared her excitement to join the show and said she could not be more thrilled to bring her own experience with autism spectrum disorder to the long-running series.

Words cannot express the overwhelming gratitude I feel as I take on the role of Charlotte 'Charlie' Lukaitis, on the 'The Good Doctor,'" the actress wrote. "I love her and I know you will too! It’s truly an honor to bring authentic representation to the show and viewers."

The Good Doctor premieres its seventh and final season on ABC on Feb. 20.
Kayla is best known for playing Matilda in the Freeform series Everything’s Gonna Be Ok.

I was going to watch the final season anyway but Kayla being added to the series does add additional anticipation.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 11:35 am

I've never seen it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 5:21 pm

I just saw an episode where somebody called out the hero's "girlfriend" for getting the hero involved with her and then suddenly deciding to go and live hundreds of miles away. I think the show has started to work on me, because I was practically jumping up and down and thinking "Exactly! It's about time somebody told her that." For a moment I thought the characters were real.