The Garrison Keillor allegations have me quesy

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Phemto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2017, 12:52 am

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... aking.html

At this point all we know is that he's been accused of "inappropriate behavior." We don't know what the behavior was. The only info we have are speculations by him (he doesn't know why he's been fired either) about possibly misunderstood incidents that that could have been the source.

I'm not going to speculate on guilt or innocence here, but the above article is scary.

Here are the reasons given why we should believe the allegations.

"In interviews, he often comes off as aloof and awkward. A profile last year in the New York Times ended with the radio host breezing past the reporter after a show without acknowledging her, or even seeming to recognize her. “He is certainly the strangest person I know,” the writer Roger Angell, his one-time editor, said in that piece. "

He's already speculated that he might have Aspergers. All these traits are consistent with it. But now, they're also traits that he "must be hiding something." As an Aspie man, this is terrifying. I'm just one false accusation away from having any chance of a career or good reputation trashed. I hate that traits that I have no control over and have nothing to do with my trustworthiness mean that I could be viewed as capable of whatever I get accused of.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 2:09 am

Agreed

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman