500 grams onions chopped to 6 mm size :wink:
500 grams fresh or can of tomatos - drain well to rid excess juice
small can tomato concentrate
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon allspice
pinch Cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper

You may add some chopped Garlic if you wish.

Saute the onions in a little vegetable oil until translucent and most of the water evaporated. This will take perhaps 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the lamb mince, tomatoes, tomato concentrate, parsley, lemon juice, spices and salt and pepper. Mix well, i use my hand to mix.

Add the onions to the mix and mix again.

Base -

300 grams white or wholemeal flour
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
210 ml water

I make this in my bread machine, takes 45 minutes and is pretty much ready to go.

Prepare the dough into Walnut size balls and roll into 7 - 8 inches and about 2 mm thick.

Using a spoon or fork, spread the topping onto the base which is now on the hot baking tray. Be quite generous and make sure to spread all the way to the edge as the topping will shrink a little.

Heat the oven to 220-230 Centigrade and place baking tray on the top shelve. Take out when hot and sprinkle a little flour to stop base sticking and add base with topping using a wide flat blade to lift it and bake for 10 minutes.

makes over a dozen.

Freezes very well and is very refreshing and delicious.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

04 Jun 2007, 2:40 pm

Americans would have some problems as we do not know metric. :) Plus we usually do not have scales in our kitchens. So if something is done by weight its from a standard package. We tend to use volume. In the case of flour I hear it is wiser to weigh it than use volume but again we usually go by volume at home.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:54 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Americans would have some problems as we do not know metric. :) Plus we usually do not have scales in our kitchens. So if something is done by weight its from a standard package. We tend to use volume. In the case of flour I hear it is wiser to weigh it than use volume but again we usually go by volume at home.

:arrow: http://www.lenntech.com/unit-conversion ... volume.htm :wink:

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 8:00 pm

Sounds like some pretty good pizza.