Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ThisYear
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Dec 2017, 7:07 pm

Joe90 wrote:

I spend every day of my life around NTs. They talk about shopping, store prices, TV, celebrities, animals, holidays, family, gardening, sleep, ailments, cars, mortgages or rent, alcohol, fears, cooking, news, politics, work, memories...the list goes on and on..when they talk about a wedding they were invited to, and you have to fake an interest in looking at pictures of their expensive suit or dress they bought.

I love finding out things about people I know. It's not that I'm nosy. I just find people interesting, and I feel others know more about things than me, and I just want to be up on it.

Weddings, I've been to a few cousins, and kids could one day be my thing. Sports, I'd pass on the high jump or extreme winter sports, but really, you can describe everyone as everyone and still notice your own past times and special interests building as something that does really matter to you. You'd be surprised who cares.
I like listening to people's stories from time to time, but really, I prefer my own company. Must be an Aspie thing.
I've learnt to vary my adult tastes from experience and time.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 3:28 am

The primary characteristic I've found with NTs is that their mind-numbing chatter is uttlerly pointless and serves only to draw attention to themselves. They usually talk about useless topics like sports and Hollywood actors and their gossip, so really useless information in my mind. Essentially just unintelligent chatter.

So I'm with you HistoryGal, I would much rather talk to another Autistic person about any topic really as it tends to be more logical and thoughtful and well-researched In my mind.

And regardless of what others may think about Aspies in general, I have found that silence every once in a while is quite soothing.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 10:12 am

Thanks Xatrix. I too find celebrities gossip and also people's family members rather uninteresting. I like to discuss ideas rather than people. Hahaha the latest anecdote about someone's kid....nope