Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

Hello. I'm a little torn about whether or not to quit smoking. So I'm looking for a bit of advice I guess.

My excuse for smoking is basically that it helps me eat and sleep and it tunes down the anxiety. I take in reasonable amounts (at least far less than the average stoner in my area) and whenever I take a break it's no problem at all staying away. But when I take a break I also lose a lot of weight (in the bad way), have trouble sleeping or even forget about it because my obsessions takes over, which also makes me very unproductive, and also very anxious and depressed. No matter how long I quit for, I don't really get back on track, and I always start smoking again sooner or later. With only these reasons in mind, I don't see a problem with keeping at it.
But!
Lately I've been worrying about how it might affect my brain. It seems hard to find accurate information about it, as opinions take up more room than facts does in this subject. The only thing I know is that I've met some people who's been smoking every day their entire life, and they all seem like they left some of their brains back in the 70's.
I don't want to slow down like that. I'm not that smart to begin with, and my good memory is one of the few things about me that I'm really happy for. If I keep on smoking, could I lose that? And if so, I don't even know which one I'd prefer. Have a clear head and good memory, but sleep deprived and anxious all the time? Or dumb but healthy and not anxious quite as much?
Which would you choose?