I´m over 30 years old and play SIMS 3, anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2017, 3:50 pm

Omniel wrote:
alpacka wrote:
Omniel wrote:
I'm 55 and still play Sims3 on my PC, it's like having a dollhouse to play with. I also do a lot of cheating with money.

My Sims are always complaining that I never let them have fun. They show me in their yelling bubbles about swimming and having a party, lol...I'm no fun at all.

Lol that's same with my sims. They just work hard, no relationships and never have fun

If I'm going to be honest, I never let them have parties because there are too many people and things to keep track of (like who's coming, are they having fun), it's a chore. Nose to the grindstone!

I agree. They are also very demanding guests telling your party is boring and want you to be the entertainment all the night. When my sim is invited to parties I tend to do forbidden things like take a shower or a sleep in their bed.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

21 Dec 2017, 5:47 am

I'm over 30 and have spent the past couple of weeks playing Sims 3 for about 8 hours a day. Hopefully my interest will die out soon and I'll get something more useful done! My husband is the one who bought it for the Xbox (otherwise I'd still be playing Sims 2 on the PC) and he's nearly 50.

My sims often complain about being lonely too. You wish to buy a new comuter and upgrade it for the 15th time? OK. You wish to throw a party? Nope, don't think so!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 5:59 am

Joe90 wrote:
I reckon the USA has different social rules than in the UK. In the UK, digital games are acceptable for adults, and adults even play Nintendos and PS3. In the USA people seem to be in such a hurry to grow up and not use their creativity or imaginations any more, when in fact being creative and using imagination as entertainment doesn't have to be for children.
I can't speak for the entire country, but my impression is that this is entirely not true.

To present a contrast, Manga and Anime are also very popular in the US, for all age groups (although many fans may have begun at a younger age but continue into later life). I can recall discussing this with a colleague at work who is an English immigrant, who said he saw no point to an adult watching "cartoons".

If anybody here thinks I'm wrong, please speak up.

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2017, 6:56 am

OutsideView wrote:
I'm over 30 and have spent the past couple of weeks playing Sims 3 for about 8 hours a day. Hopefully my interest will die out soon and I'll get something more useful done! My husband is the one who bought it for the Xbox (otherwise I'd still be playing Sims 2 on the PC) and he's nearly 50.

My sims often complain about being lonely too. You wish to buy a new comuter and upgrade it for the 15th time? OK. You wish to throw a party? Nope, don't think so!

Yeah, NO PARTIES. Even when you hire help it's a pain with all the people and I keep mine so isolated every time they talk to a new Sim the new one hates mine. LOL

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 6:57 am

MaxE wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I reckon the USA has different social rules than in the UK. In the UK, digital games are acceptable for adults, and adults even play Nintendos and PS3. In the USA people seem to be in such a hurry to grow up and not use their creativity or imaginations any more, when in fact being creative and using imagination as entertainment doesn't have to be for children.
I can't speak for the entire country, but my impression is that this is entirely not true.

To present a contrast, Manga and Anime are also very popular in the US, for all age groups (although many fans may have begun at a younger age but continue into later life). I can recall discussing this with a colleague at work who is an English immigrant, who said he saw no point to an adult watching "cartoons".

If anybody here thinks I'm wrong, please speak up.

I certainly agree with this, coming from an American myself.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2017, 8:00 am

alpacka wrote:
Are you over 30 and play the Sims or do you like other games that also are a bit childish?

I played every version of The Sims ever releasead and the last time I did so, I was way over my thirties already. I haven't played that for a while but you'd be shocked to see what games I've been picking. Have you ever heard of these old home computers from 1980s called ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, Atari XL? That's how I play videogames these days, I have a huge collection of these ancient gaming machines. I have neither Playstations nor Xboxes.

There are posts in this forum of people who still enjoy playing with Legos and feeling awkwad about that. You know what? It makes no sense to me that someone who enjoys the simple pleasures of Lego should be chastised or feel ashamed. What harm is in that?

Rest easy.