Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 1:43 am

Can you buy glasses online?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:22 am

Yes, but since people are different sizes, I wonder how you get them to fit properly. I suppose it may help if you knew how to decipher the numbers on an old pair of glasses that fit well to determine your size.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 4:32 pm

Yes, there are many sites that sell glasses. You need to know your prescription & PD (pupilary distance) as well as the physical specifications for your frames. I think there might be a spec for bridge (nose gap distance) and mmmaaybe overall frame width ?? but definitely Temple (arm) length. If you know all of these variables then it's not difficult to order online & many retailers will offer free shipping on exchanges if you don't like how they fit in person. There are also sites where you can upload face pics and "try on" different frames and see how they look.

Personally, I haven't ordered online. I prefer to try them on in person, feel them, feel the weight/temperature, see how well they're made, get the advice of experts who run their shop etc.

But, if you just need to See and don't care for any of the benefits of shopping in person and/or cannot get to a shop(s), by all means, you can order eye glasses online 24/7.