To Malcolm_Scipio: A Challenge from an NT

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dumb_n00b
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 1

05 Jun 2007, 2:10 am

I've noticed in Malcolm_Scipio's posts that he seems to believe that every genius ever, from Beethoven to Michelangelo, was autistic. There is no evidence for most of these "cases". He also seems to think that AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies. This chauvinistic point of view bothers me, and I think that people who need to rely on the supposed genius of a group, such as white people or autistics, are really masking their own insecurity with their intelligence.

If any forum members would kindly volunteer to arrange a "battle of wits" between my very normal self and Malcolm_Scipio, including logic, creative writing, musical, and art sections on given themes, we shall see whether Malcolm is the savant his supposedly autistic heroes were.

I am 15 years old and am a freshman in high school. I speak five languages and have an IQ of 150. I am completely neurotypical. Ban me if you like, but I am not attempting to troll the autism community, whom I respect, but rather to challenge the chauvinism which I see on this board.



Evilmonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 45

05 Jun 2007, 3:10 am

dumb_n00b wrote:
AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies

- I have not read Malcolm's posts but I get the general picture of what they were.
Aspies get picked on and go through much trouble in society, NT's do not and Malcolm_Scipio's comments were probably intended to make some of us feel better and certainly not to imply you must be autistic to be genius.

But on the other hand Aspies are more prone to become geniuses and there need be no more proof but your thread Mr NT, I can tell you aren't a genius from your attitude since you actually care about 'competition' and titles which is a trait quite rare in real geniuses

Furthermore, few Geniuses (if any at all) compete with each other like 12 year olds and state 'proof' they are worthy in the manner you did, have an IQ of 200 if you like but you still have my contempt (as does the IQ test! though to a lesser extent for it is those that use it in the manner you do that actually annoys me).

-I find you offensive and fail to see your objective, since AS makes people neither 'witty' or into 'battling' so we aren't into 'witty battling' like you to prove such meaningless points and so unless you have other business I don't think your welcome (cant speak for us all though).

Go away butterfly



TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,011
Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Jun 2007, 3:25 am

I do not see any member Malcolm_Scipio on WP membership list. Also in the same forum I count no less than 3 current threads of members posting on disability aid from
the government. So your premise seems faulty if you think most people here think their
savant 's.



Last edited by TheMachine1 on 05 Jun 2007, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,772
Location: Western Australia

05 Jun 2007, 5:22 am

Malcolm_Scipo hasn't posted here on WP for a very long time.



Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 834
Location: Paradise

05 Jun 2007, 5:52 am

I'm stunned. Why would you join a forum group for people with mental/emotional difficulties and challenge them to a battle of wits? Are you that desperate for a boost to your self-esteem? Have you no tact and no compassion? Seriously. Think about what you're doing here.



TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,011
Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Jun 2007, 5:59 am

I can see one user known as Ante who posted in a number of threads near Malcolm_Scipo and who deleted their entire 604 post history. So seems to be the likely
ID of dumb_n00b.



lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 May 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,536
Location: Gainesville, Florida

05 Jun 2007, 6:03 am

Evilmonkey wrote:
dumb_n00b wrote:
AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies

- I have not read Malcolm's posts but I get the general picture of what they were.
Aspies get picked on and go through much trouble in society, NT's do not and Malcolm_Scipio's comments were probably intended to make some of us feel better and certainly not to imply you must be autistic to be genius.

But on the other hand Aspies are more prone to become geniuses and there need be no more proof but your thread Mr NT, I can tell you aren't a genius from your attitude since you actually care about 'competition' and titles which is a trait quite rare in real geniuses

Furthermore, few Geniuses (if any at all) compete with each other like 12 year olds and state 'proof' they are worthy in the manner you did, have an IQ of 200 if you like but you still have my contempt (as does the IQ test! though to a lesser extent for it is those that use it in the manner you do that actually annoys me).

-I find you offensive and fail to see your objective, since AS makes people neither 'witty' or into 'battling' so we aren't into 'witty battling' like you to prove such meaningless points and so unless you have other business I don't think your welcome (cant speak for us all though).

Go away butterfly


He is young and still enamored by the idea of "IQ" as was I at his age. IQ scores shouldn't be used for childish pissing contests, I agree, but he is only 3 years older than the age you use for simile. It is so convenient and clear! One score that sets into stone an individual's intelligence as compared to others! It is easy to forget that this score is completely irrelevant if that individual lacks the ability to execute or the wisdom to know when.

What you are forgetting, Evilmonkey, is that competition is a strong drive for most humans. While comparing hard test scores (IQ) is not indicative of any real-world prowess, a "battle of wits" is certainly acceptable.

I am not familiar with the content of Malcolm_Scipio's posts here (when was the last time he posted anyway?) but if he has been making the assertions cited by dumb_nOOb then Malcolm is due to have his feet in the fire.



GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 May 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,158
Location: Australia

05 Jun 2007, 6:05 am

dumb_n00b wrote:
I've noticed in Malcolm_Scipio's posts that he seems to believe that every genius ever, from Beethoven to Michelangelo, was autistic. There is no evidence for most of these "cases". He also seems to think that AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies. This chauvinistic point of view bothers me, and I think that people who need to rely on the supposed genius of a group, such as white people or autistics, are really masking their own insecurity with their intelligence.

If any forum members would kindly volunteer to arrange a "battle of wits" between my very normal self and Malcolm_Scipio, including logic, creative writing, musical, and art sections on given themes, we shall see whether Malcolm is the savant his supposedly autistic heroes were.

I am 15 years old and am a freshman in high school. I speak five languages and have an IQ of 150. I am completely neurotypical. Ban me if you like, but I am not attempting to troll the autism community, whom I respect, but rather to challenge the chauvinism which I see on this board.


(yes, feeding a troll is bad, but oh so fun)

Intelligence and knowledge do not equate. 'IQ' is irrelevant.

Tell me...Have you ever invented anything? Come up with a new way of doing things? Had a startingly new thought on some philosophical point? Or are you doing much the same as all those before you, just slightly better?

In a world where everyone thinks the same, no one thinks very much. It often takes someone with a unique mind to make that next leap to further our endeavours as a species. People like you do nothing but fill up space, sure you language speaking is impressive, and wow you've got a 150 IQ (woop), but have you done anything unique?



SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,899
Location: Chicago, IL

05 Jun 2007, 6:34 am

dumb_n00b wrote:
I've noticed in Malcolm_Scipio's posts that he seems to believe that every genius ever, from Beethoven to Michelangelo, was autistic. There is no evidence for most of these "cases". He also seems to think that AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies. This chauvinistic point of view bothers me, and I think that people who need to rely on the supposed genius of a group, such as white people or autistics, are really masking their own insecurity with their intelligence.

If any forum members would kindly volunteer to arrange a "battle of wits" between my very normal self and Malcolm_Scipio, including logic, creative writing, musical, and art sections on given themes, we shall see whether Malcolm is the savant his supposedly autistic heroes were.

I am 15 years old and am a freshman in high school. I speak five languages and have an IQ of 150. I am completely neurotypical. Ban me if you like, but I am not attempting to troll the autism community, whom I respect, but rather to challenge the chauvinism which I see on this board.


The very fact that you have an IQ of 150 defeats the basis of your argument! The average AS person could EASILY have a 150 IQ. The average NT person CAN'T! I won't bother explaining th obvious again. You claim to be smart enough, and you don't have to be very smart to understand such a basic idea.

ALSO, if you speak 5 languages, you aren't the average NT.

So you CAN'T win simply because, if you did, you wouldn't prove ANYTHING!

Simply put, NOBODY can know everything, and even the smartest person may make the dumbest mistake.

Steve



Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 396

05 Jun 2007, 6:49 am

Quote:
He also seems to think that AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies.


Autistics are more prone than NTs to be logical, since they plan everything and stuff. They are also less likely to be social than NTs because... people simply don't interest us that much. But generalisation is wrong in my opinion, and I personally think that person wrote a wrong thing. It would have been more proper if that was worded, "more NTs than autistics are more likely to be flimsy, emotional social butterflies".

Also, I think if you count autistics and NTs as a whole, they have around the same level of IQ because both have genius intelligence, normal intelligence and mental retardation; but if you use a subtype of autism, such as AS to compare with the whole NT community, the AS intelligence WILL be higher because mental retardation rules out a diagnosis of AS; then again, if you compare AS with an intelligent bunch of NTs, such as NT musicians, scientists, etc then their intelligence will again be about the same level.

Quote:
Ban me if you like, but I am not attempting to troll the autism community, whom I respect, but rather to challenge the chauvinism which I see on this board.


... I hate generalisation, as I said before. What one person in a group has said does not signify the opinions of everyone in that group.



beautifulspam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 324

05 Jun 2007, 8:52 am

Quote:
I've noticed in Malcolm_Scipio's posts that he seems to believe that every genius ever, from Beethoven to Michelangelo, was autistic. There is no evidence for most of these "cases". He also seems to think that AS people are inherently more prone to genius than us NTs, and that all NTs are flimsy, emotional social butterflies. This chauvinistic point of view bothers me, and I think that people who need to rely on the supposed genius of a group, such as white people or autistics, are really masking their own insecurity with their intelligence.

If any forum members would kindly volunteer to arrange a "battle of wits" between my very normal self and Malcolm_Scipio, including logic, creative writing, musical, and art sections on given themes, we shall see whether Malcolm is the savant his supposedly autistic heroes were.



Greetings noob!

Congratulations on the IQ and the 5 languages.


You've been getting a lot of negative responses here, but let me be the odd man out.

The attitude and positions you attribute to malcolm are one of my pet peeves.

While I don't think a competitive battery of tests would prove much at all, a debate between the "curebie" and "AS Pride" camps would be msot welcome.

Assuming you are not just a troll, that is :lol:

To SteveK: Noob's position is that genius and talent are not exclusive to, primarily found in, or even more likely in ASers than they are in NTs. In fact, I've seen some studies showing that, while ASers have a higher average IQ because of the way the diagnostic criteria are structured, actual genius is more common in NTs than it is in ASers. REALLY smart people tend to get the whole package: emotional stability, musical talent, mathematical prowess, creativity, and so on.



Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,881
Location: Victoria, Australia

05 Jun 2007, 9:48 am

Get your pathetic self-esteem boosts elsewhere, buddy. This is a community, not a tournament.


_________________
"Pray...NOW!" -Auron, before Bushido attack


Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 649
Location: New Jersey

05 Jun 2007, 10:04 am

Perhaps you should post on www.mensa.org. They measure their lives by their IQs.



Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,881
Location: Victoria, Australia

05 Jun 2007, 10:18 am

Litguy wrote:
Perhaps you should post on www.mensa.org. They measure their lives by their IQs.


And their penises.


_________________
"Pray...NOW!" -Auron, before Bushido attack


beautifulspam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 324

05 Jun 2007, 10:41 am

Quote:
And their penises.


Hey, who doesn't?



Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,881
Location: Victoria, Australia

05 Jun 2007, 10:52 am

beautifulspam wrote:
Quote:
And their penises.


Hey, who doesn't?


People without a penis I would hope. :wink:


_________________
"Pray...NOW!" -Auron, before Bushido attack