Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 2:28 am

Well one doesn't have to be a princess to have exacting demands
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 6ae79225fb
THE daughter of an South Korean airline chairman had an on-board tantrum on first class after a flight attendant served her nuts in a packet, rather than a dish.

Cho Hyun-ah, the head of the airline’s cabin service at the time of the incident, achieved worldwide notoriety after she had an on-board tantrum after a first class flight attendant served her nuts in a bag instead of on a dish.

Infuriated, Cho ordered the chief flight attendant off the flight. According to a Supreme Court statement, Cho “yelled several times” to crew members, ordering them to tell the plane’s captain to “stop the flight immediately”.

After being informed of Cho’s request and overwhelmed, the captain was forced to return the flight to the gate, it said.

During her trial, Cho admitted using violence against one flight attendant by pushing her shoulder and throwing an object at her. A statement from one crew member described Cho as behaving like an “angry tiger”.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 2:53 am

That's awful and inexcusable. Airline service is really going downhill. It's about time someone took a stand.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 3:08 am

a little empress, perhaps?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 3:15 am

I hear she was already in an agitated state because there was a pea under her 5 star hotel mattress.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 3:31 am

to be fair, i wouldn't be all-smiles at that either.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

a re-education camp would suit her.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 11:58 am

I wonder what her dad, the chairman of the airline thinks of all of this?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

I think the young lady must be so used to having servants at her beck and call delivering condiments in a bowl so that she (the delicate flower that she is) doesn't risk breaking one of her coiffured nails having to do menial work like opening a bag.

Not hard to imagine our princess living in her father's multistory Seoul mansion her servants would probably have presented her with a porcelain bowl and opened the bag for her pouring the contents so that she was comfortable their "grubby fingers" weren't in contact. She would then delicately select the most choice nuts savouring the salty flavor one by one.

I actually do think people in "high society" do develop stress/anxiety over things that might seem trivial but imperil their perceived social standing in the eyes of others. After all, her fellow Korean first class passengers might have gasped if they saw her stooping to eating nuts out of a bag like some common economy class passenger

Let's spare a thought for the trauma this poor lady has gone through

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 9:30 pm

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 3:31 pm

As long as they haven't been spat in or tampered with, I wouldn't really care what they were served in, I would never go that nuts over nuts. :lol:

Seriously though, some people just spoiled rotten little brats, and it's disgusting. If it were my daughter, I'd tell her, "Better enjoy those nuts, because when we get home they'll be the last thing you'll be eating for a long time that hasn't been seasoned with cod liver oil." :twisted:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 5:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
If it were my daughter, I'd tell her, "Better enjoy those nuts, because when we get home they'll be the last thing you'll be eating for a long time that hasn't been seasoned with cod liver oil." :twisted:

I think this lady has access to open credit, people at her beck and call and literally nobody to tell her what is right/wrong, I think it's possible one develops a "god complex" when everything is handed to you on a golden platter from birth. Any wonder she thinks nothing of assaulting service staff over an absolutely trivial matter.

I have read the biographies of prominent personalities in the Roman empire and how even as children they enjoyed beating and assaulting servants (who were grown adults) if they did not get what they want. Such sociopaths would go on to develop the foundations of our western civilization.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 11:34 pm

In my case I prefer that my macadamia nuts be fed to me by one attendant whilst another messages my feet. But I certainly wouldn't throw a fit if these weren't fulfilled. I would simply make sure their little lives were ruined after I landed. These things must be done delicately, or you hurt the spell.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 1:45 am

EzraS wrote:
In my case I prefer that my macadamia nuts be fed to me by one attendant whilst another messages my feet. But I certainly wouldn't throw a fit if these weren't fulfilled. I would simply make sure their little lives were ruined after I landed. These things must be done delicately, or you hurt the spell.

Ezra! you have taken the mind-body nexus to the next level!!
communicating with your slaves using feet - quite ingenious

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 6:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ezra! you have taken the mind-body nexus to the next level!!
communicating with your slaves using feet - quite ingenious

I do what I can to reach the the common people. No need to thank or praise me, no matter how richly deserved.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 7:12 pm

Did she want them served to her in a gold bowl?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 7:21 pm

just what this mean world needs, yet another Leona Helmsley creature.