Why is their a high ratio of Trump supporters here?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 8:38 pm

People think I'm a Trump supporter because I point out what I see as problems and flaws in anti-trumpism and also liberalism. I still maintain there's way too much hype, hysteria and sensationalism involved regarding Trump, to the point where people flip out over him taking a couple of sips from a water bottle. It's just plain bonkers as I see it. So really I'm more anti-bonkers than pro-trump.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 8:45 pm

EzraS wrote:
So really I'm more anti-bonkers than pro-trump.

Now that's a philosophy I can support. :mrgreen:

I you form an Anti-Bonkers Party, with yourself as member #1, I'll be member #2. :D

There Are Four Lights!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 9:47 am

If the ratio is indeed high, it would be very baffling, considering one of the first things Trump did in his campaign was mock a disabled reporter.

However, I feel we would still be getting the short end of the stick even if Hillary or Bernie were president.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 10:14 am

Our town decided to save on money by only sending out tax bills once a year. Being a typical Aspie I forgot to pay the first bill in which I wasn't reminded by some paper in the mail, and had to pay a one month penalty. But, Trump bailed me out with his new tax code to remind me to pay my property taxes. I paid my taxes on time this year, which means that when I itemize my taxes, I'll actually have a big net savings from having three tax payments in one year instead of the usual two. And I'll take the bigger standard deduction next year. 8O

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 10:57 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
If the ratio is indeed high, it would be very baffling, considering one of the first things Trump did in his campaign was mock a disabled reporter.

However, I feel we would still be getting the short end of the stick even if Hillary or Bernie were president.

And his dallying with the vaccines cause Autism people. His friendship with Bob Wright former CEO and founder of Autism Speaks.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 7:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
People think I'm a Trump supporter because I point out what I see as problems and flaws in anti-trumpism and also liberalism. I still maintain there's way too much hype, hysteria and sensationalism involved regarding Trump, to the point where people flip out over him taking a couple of sips from a water bottle. It's just plain bonkers as I see it. So really I'm more anti-bonkers than pro-trump.

Do you have arguments beside saying "it's sensationalist"; while it might not be, considering how unusual Trump behaviors are for a president that he was a corrupt businessman even before becoming a politician.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 10:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What have you been doing during your recent absence from WP?

There are Trump supporters here---but they make up a minority here--and very few from outside the US.

I feel most people supported Trump because he was a symbol of change--any change. They didn't really see the "Alt-Right" component in his thoughts.

We shall see what happens in the 2018 Congressional elections.

Well I...
Finished Exams
Delivered the fundraiser money to Autism New Zealand

In terms of the 2018 elections, most likely there will be a democratic surge. But I won't count on the Senate being retaken during that election cycle, despite it being most definitely possible.

2020 I think will be the real democratic surge. My prediction is that Trump will lose in a landslide to a candidate like Sanders or Warren, with a lot of Red states being swept underneath them. I think many of conservatives will be very shocked by the scale of his defeat when it happens and how their cause basically lost the entire country.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 10:35 pm

Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Do you have arguments beside saying "it's sensationalist"; while it might not be, considering how unusual Trump behaviors are for a president that he was a corrupt businessman even before becoming a politician.

I call it as I see it.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 10:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I call it as I see it.

No one on this forum is partisan, they all call it as they see it...just like every prisoner on death row is actually innocent.

MidnightMoon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 10:58 pm

I'm actually a bit offended by this question. It sounds like you're saying that anyone who likes Trump should get off of WP and find another forum to go to. Seriously?

Why yes, I am a conservative.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 11:06 pm

MidnightMoon wrote:
I'm actually a bit offended by this question. It sounds like you're saying that anyone who likes Trump should get off of WP and find another forum to go to. Seriously?

No where did the OP talk of banning, removing, or doing anything about Trump supporters, he/she merely noted they see more of them here than elsewhere. Anything beyond that is your own paranoia at play and only that paranoia at play.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2017, 12:25 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I call it as I see it.

No one on this forum is partisan, they all call it as they see it...just like every prisoner on death row is actually innocent.

I suppose that's meant to be philosophical or whatever, but it doesn't compute. Neither did Tollorin's comment really. I wonder why people write in an abstract manner instead of just being direct. Most individuals with autism have difficulty understanding abstract language.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2017, 1:48 am

MidnightMoon wrote:

Say whatever you want. I am not a snowflake. But don't be one yourself.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2017, 2:53 am

Shahunshah wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

There are Trump supporters here---but they make up a minority here--and very few from outside the US.

I feel most people supported Trump because he was a symbol of change--any change. They didn't really see the "Alt-Right" component in his thoughts.

Well I...
Finished Exams

In terms of the 2018 elections, most likely there will be a democratic surge. But I won't count on the Senate being retaken during that election cycle, despite it being most definitely possible.

2020 I think will be the real democratic surge. My prediction is that Trump will lose in a landslide to a candidate like Sanders or Warren, with a lot of Red states being swept underneath them. I think many of conservatives will be very shocked by the scale of his defeat when it happens and how their cause basically lost the entire country.

The economy will be the deciding factor. If the majority of people (American voters) are doing better than before and attribute that to the current administration they will vote accordingly. World opinion won't be much of a factor since that's not what brings home the bacon. Money (what people live off of) talks and BS walks.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2017, 8:12 am

Raptor wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well I...
Finished Exams

The economy will be the deciding factor. If the majority of people (American voters) are doing better than before and attribute that to the current administration they will vote accordingly. World opinion won't be much of a factor since that's not what brings home the bacon. Money (what people live off of) talks and BS walks.

Yep, that's what I say about the new tax deal. No matter how much bad press there is about it, all that's going to matter is how many voters are happy with the deal they got.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2017, 8:33 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I call it as I see it.

I suppose that's meant to be philosophical or whatever, but it doesn't compute. Neither did Tollorin's comment really. I wonder why people write in an abstract manner instead of just being direct. Most individuals with autism have difficulty understanding abstract language.

There was nothing vague about it, it's the same claim of innocence a death row prisoner gives. It's the same one you give about every two weeks, looking back at your posting history. A person that has to keep clarifying where they stand is generally someone who's taken out a shaky position to begin with, because it's a rhetorical defense mechanism, not an riposte, or even a parry. Or to put it very simply: a person that's not constantly defending Trump regardless of the situation doesn't need to clarify they're not 'pro Trump', it's pretty obvious by their posting history. So let me ask, if you're not pro-Trump why do you spend half your time on this site defending him?