Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 8:54 am

One of my friends needs money and I’m debating whether to help her or not. I know it sounds selfish, but sometimes when people ask for money they use it for substances, and I don’t know her whole story. Any advice?

P.S. She wants me to download CashApp? What is your opinion on CashApp?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm

If she actually needed money, say for food or something because she's broke, then I'd happily lend her some. But for an app? Wouldn't do it if I were you.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2017, 3:35 pm

Asking you to download CashApp makes it sound as if she's planning to hit you up for money in the future as well...otherwise why does she want you to download an app that allows you to send money instantly? If she only needs a single loan now, there's no need for an app taking up space on your phone.

I'd beware. This sounds like a bad idea.

autlander
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2017, 3:42 pm

Not a good idea. Money and friends don't mix. You probably won't see your money again and lose your friend anyway, because she will keep asking for more.

autlander
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2017, 3:50 pm

Bring her some food when you visit her, but never ever give money.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 4:00 pm

I have lent money in the past and I would again but I lend small amounts that I can afford to never see again to people that I know really need it eg for food, and not as a regular thing, and I loan larger amounts to people I know really well.
To be honest, if you don't know your friend well enough to know her story, then she doesn't know you well enough to ask to borrow money from you unless its a very small amount (that you can afford) and a one off. The Cash App thing suggests this is not the case. I do not think you should lend her any money.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 7:38 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you all told me not to give her money.