Zipper pulls 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
T-shirts 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 6:28 pm

I've always had a hard time with medic alert jewelry for autism. We just got some shoe tags and a dog tag for my backpack that should arrive in the mail in about a week. Please only select the options you actually own and use. I'd like to see what other people have. And if you have something that isn't listed, please select that and post what it is you use.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 11:57 pm

I have a bracelet and wallet card.

The bracelet is black cord that can loosen or tighten easily on my wrist. The metal plate is black and silver with the Medic Alert symbol on top and "Autism - Communication Difficulties underneath, along with a registration number and another number that looks like a phone number.

The wallet card has a lot of details on it including all the medication I take, who to contact in case of emergency and my doctor's details.

I haven't had to use them as such but feel better about having them in case of emergency.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 12:14 am

I have a necklace and wallet card. I have several medical things other than autism that emergency services need to know about so they don't accidentally make things worse which they have done in the past.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 2:45 am

I have a card. And I like the idea of a tag that latches to a zipper pull since I always wear zipper hoodies. I want that now plus the card.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 5:44 am

My 4-line Medic Alert bracelet says:

Autism
Incontinent
Myocardial Infarction
Asthmatic

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 6:42 am

I made myself a wallet card with both English and Czech text on it.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 7:21 am

komamanga wrote:
I made myself a wallet card with both English and Czech text on it.

How creative!

I bought my card from a nonprofit organization created by a detective and a physician ( http://www.gocit.org/care-cards.html ). It is the same quality as most government-issued cards.

But, as with all alert IDs, it is always best to ask law-enforcement officers if you may show them your card or tag before actually reaching for them.

I like the idea of the zipper tags. Like EzraS, I wear various hoodies when it is cold.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 11:02 am

Mine says Autism and Bipolar.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 12:10 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Mine says Autism and Bipolar.

Same here.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 12:29 pm

I have a bracelet that is silver and engraved with my information on it, but I rarely wear it. I know I should, but I just don't like the way it feels on my wrist.

EDIT: Mine is actually for my seizure disorder, not for my Autism.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

It can be worn on the neck or wrist but I wear it on my neck. It also has GPS and my medical information on it.

It is not for autism but if I I fall from residual balance issues from my stroke and Ramsey Hunt Syndrome(Ear Shingles)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 3:58 pm

EzraS wrote:
I have a card. And I like the idea of a tag that latches to a zipper pull since I always wear zipper hoodies. I want that now plus the card.

I pm'd you the links to where you can get the tags.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 10:46 pm

I use a dog tag which says on one side "person with autism may not respond to verbal commands". It's mainly for my severe dyspraxia (if I am in a new situation I can freeze physically for several seconds, unable to respond). I keep it on my backpack, which I carry sensory items in.