Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2018, 10:18 pm

I also play WoW...I have ten max-level alts, and yes, I can spend hours organizing the banks and bags. I also have spreadsheets documenting their profession levels and desired gear upgrades. I used to be obsessive about my DPS (strong preference for ranged DPS classes), which made me a highly effective raider, but once my focus shifted to inventory management I found the most entertaining use of my time was trying to solo essentially everything to complete my transmog sets. Which is funny, because in real life I don't give a darn about clothing. My socks don't even match most of the time - they have to be the same length and thickness, otherwise I can't function until they're off, but the same color isn't important.

I'm also far more verbal online than I am IRL, so I can sit in Orgrimmar and run my mouth in General which does a fine job of meeting my limited need for socialization.

Oddly, since I landed here, I haven't been talking as much in WoW. You fine people are better conversationalists.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 2:23 am

Years ago on a railway forum called www.railchat.UK we had a tale told of a depot manager who often asked for shunts to be performed just to line the locomotives in number order on the depot sidings......

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

10 Jan 2018, 5:38 am

My whole house is a mess but all of my books, CD, vinyls, games and DVDs are in alphabetical order.

When I play Fallout 2 I spend more time arranging the inventory than anything else (my mum once asked me "Do you actually enjoy doing that?").

There are over 90 (I just counted) random shortcuts and files on the desktop of my PC because I just put things there without thinking. However, most of the time I spend on the computer is dedicated to making spreadsheets of specific, well ordered data about things I'm interested in and organising my music collection (even down to the amount of padding for the tags in an MP3 file).

EightyNiner
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2018, 1:47 am

MagicKnight wrote:
EightyNiner wrote:
I don't play magic cards anymore, but when I did it was all about making decks and organizing my cards. Id do it over and over.
Anyone else?

Hi.

"I don't play anymore" means you once used to play the game like it should.
"Organize over and over" has more to do with compulsion than the so-called autistic special interests.

Lastly: seek professional assessment. Don't diagnose yourself and don't accept any kind of online diagnosis. Don't try to jump in the autistic trend just because it looks cool or makes a world of sense to your problems. Being a real Aspie sucks and I hope you're not one. Regards.

Firstly, just because i like to organize my cards doesnt mean i couldnt play the game. I just had fun with the organizing and not with the actual matches.

Secondly, I get what you are saying about self diagnosing. But as someone who was diagnosed with bipolar for pretty wild issues that have caused me many problems (after much much research ive concluded asd explains my issues rather than bipolar) i know its not fun to have these kind of issues. I do have the issues, i just think ive finally found the name for them in asd. So no, im not trying to jump on a trend, just better define myself. Also, yeah i know it can suck. Multiple family members are asd diagnosed so i know it well (at least in males, im female have some different issues).

Edited to be not word vomit.

Im basically the kid that never grew up and never quite fit in.

Last edited by EightyNiner on 11 Jan 2018, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

EightyNiner
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2018, 1:52 am

MissChess wrote:
I'm also far more verbal online than I am IRL, so I can sit in Orgrimmar and run my mouth in General which does a fine job of meeting my limited need for socialization.

Oddly, since I landed here, I haven't been talking as much in WoW. You fine people are better conversationalists.

Im a better conversationalist online as well. Its easier to articulate thoughts

Im basically the kid that never grew up and never quite fit in.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 4:50 am

GameOver wrote:
I do programming. All my code must line up and with the correct number of blank lines between them. When I deal with other people's code, my first priority is to line them all up before I can do anything else.

For gaming, my inventory must be organised with specific gut-determined functional order.
I've just done a semester of Java and my teacher was really fussy with the organisation of code. It all had to line up nicely. I found that I liked his way of lining everything up as well.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2018, 5:13 am

EightyNiner wrote:
MissChess wrote:

Im a better conversationalist online as well. Its easier to articulate thoughts

Much easier to formulate a response online as you don't have the pressure of real time conversation. I like that very much.

Safirecat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2018, 5:24 am

I like to line up and order my Pokémon cards. I also like to order my friends lists on gaming and online sites.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 10:18 am

I used to line up all my Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars when I was a kid. I would also organize them in very specific ways, like all the exotic cars, semi trucks, sedans, etc all together further lined up by size and color.

Nowadays I still find myself doing that. I do it with my media. I have my CD's organized alphabetically and by genre. My VHS and DVD's however are not alphabetized, but I have them organized by genre, theme, series, edition, etc, and I still know exactly where they are.

When I am listing stuff for sale in my eCommerce business, I have a very exact order that I have a hard time straying from. I need to list specific types of items in an exact order, example being I must list the vintage book before I can list the CD.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

I have weird numerical/pattern/color systems for most ordinary tasks. Laundry must be hung up in sections for me, my wife, miscellaneous and the kids, in that order. No hanger may be next to a hanger of the same color, except this rule is of course waived for the miscellaneous section. The total number of items must be an even number. My wife can't help me or I'll have to keep fixing her mistakes. If she does it herself, I don't want to watch.

But what really annoys her is what I do with the dishes.