Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

06 Jun 2007, 1:26 am

http://www.network54.com/Forum/252478/t ... 4/Remember



I go by the name Bad Beth.


It is 13 replies down. The thread is on 9/11 and I made a post about my personal experiance with it and I got chewed out by the forum owner. She called me cold hearted and all my buddies told me my post wasn't cold hearted. But my boy friend told me it was cold hearted. One of my online buddies told me the reason why I got yelled at was because I didn't really understand what was going on. I guess I should have said in my reply that I was only 16 then and I didn't understand the word 'highjack' and I don't think the other girls in my chior class understood either what was going on because they were all acting excited about the whole thing and I was getting upset about it because I thought there was going to be a WWWIII my teacher had to take me back to the resource room.


So do any of you guys think my post was cold hearted or no?



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 1:30 am

So -- are you a 16 year old choir girl -- or a 21 year old who likes crapping in adult sized diapers?



06 Jun 2007, 1:40 am

Look at the dates on the posts, they were dated 2003. That is almost four years old now.



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 1:44 am

So -- you are randomly bringing up things that don't matter at this point -- and you're still not a 21 year old diaper lovin' woman.

:?:



06 Jun 2007, 1:48 am

My boyfriend told me it was coldhearted and he is the only one that said it was. My other online buddies said it wasn't so it made me wonder if it was because of my diagnoses and if I was an NT would they say it was cold hearted then so that's what I'm trying to find out. If they were being honest or giving me special treatment.



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 1:48 am

Do you want an honest answer?



06 Jun 2007, 1:50 am

Yes



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 1:54 am

likedcalico wrote:
Yes


Your post is written in a way that the mentality of it all kind of lends itself to that of the average 8 year old. The spelling and grammar are about on par with a 12 year old... but the flow of thought itself is more along the lines of either a person on LSD or that of a very tired and delusional elementary kid.

Based on that -- the fact that you even posted it (almost 4 years later with no explanation) and your previous posts about the diaper stuff and refusal to get help -- I'd say you're either a very bored adult or something (some undiagnosed condition) leads you to tell lies about yourself for attention.



06 Jun 2007, 2:00 am

AspieSister wrote:
likedcalico wrote:
Yes


Your post is written in a way that the mentality of it all kind of lends itself to that of the average 8 year old. The spelling and grammar are about on par with a 12 year old... but the flow of thought itself is more along the lines of either a person on LSD or that of a very tired and delusional elementary kid.

Based on that -- the fact that you even posted it (almost 4 years later with no explanation) and your previous posts about the diaper stuff and refusal to get help -- I'd say you're either a very bored adult or something (some undiagnosed condition) leads you to tell lies about yourself for attention.




What lies?



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 2:03 am

Age for one -- you said you were 21 in your diaper drivvle... but in the above post it says you are 16 -- even with a 3 year time difference, you can't be over 19.

And truthfully... if you are as mentally stable as you are telling us you are -- you really do need the couseling your mother suggested -- if you are who you claim to be... your mom is right. Get the help.



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 2:11 am

Quote:
I guess I should have said in my reply that I was only 16 then and I didn't understand the word 'highjack'


16 in 2001... or 2003 when you made the post -- I don't know which you mean -- regardless... the opinion of the post was honest -- and I do still believe you need to seek some help.

Peace.



06 Jun 2007, 2:13 am

AspieSister wrote:
Age for one -- you said you were 21 in your diaper drivvle... but in the above post it says you are 16 -- even with a 3 year time difference, you can't be over 19.

And truthfully... if you are as mentally stable as you are telling us you are -- you really do need the couseling your mother suggested -- if you are who you claim to be... your mom is right. Get the help.



Dude, I was 16 when 9/11 happened. I was 18 when someone made the Remember thread. I posted my experiance about it that took place two years before. Vickie must have forogtten I was 16 at the time and she was thinking of me as an 18 year old when it happened. You can't change what your view was at the time something happened. I was posting my experiance as a 16 year old, not what my view of it was now as a 18 year old at the time I made the post.
I will be 22 next month.



AspieSister
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 118
Location: Eastern US

06 Jun 2007, 2:15 am

Quote:
Your post is written in a way that the mentality of it all kind of lends itself to that of the average 8 year old. The spelling and grammar are about on par with a 12 year old... but the flow of thought itself is more along the lines of either a person on LSD or that of a very tired and delusional elementary kid.

Based on that -- the fact that you even posted it (almost 4 years later with no explanation) and your previous posts about the diaper stuff and refusal to get help -- I'd say you're either a very bored adult or something (some undiagnosed condition) leads you to tell lies about yourself for attention.



06 Jun 2007, 2:21 am

AspieSister wrote:
Quote:
I guess I should have said in my reply that I was only 16 then and I didn't understand the word 'highjack'


16 in 2001... or 2003 when you made the post -- I don't know which you mean -- regardless... the opinion of the post was honest -- and I do still believe you need to seek some help.

Peace.




16 in 2001.



rog161uk
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 17

06 Jun 2007, 3:02 am

Hello likedcalico,

I read your post on the other forum and can relate to some extent to your relatively detached view of the event. I wouldn't say that it was "cold hearted" - it was more a matter of you remembering your own personal experience of the event.

The moderator's response can be explained, most likely by the fact that the original purpose of the thread was to remember others' feelings and the impact of the events on others rather than yourself. I haven't read the rest of the thread, but it is possible that your point of view may have influenced by other's posts discussing the merits of the subsequent wars.

Quote:
Remember the evil the spawned the attacks,
Remember the terror they inspired.
Remember those brave and selfless men and women who first arrived on the scene.
Remember the towers set ablaze by the jets,
Remember the innocents trapped inside.
Remember the policemen and firefighters who rushed headlong into the towers as they burned,
Remember their heroism in the face of certain death.
Remember the people who died that day,
Remember their courage in the face of defeat.
Remember the towers coming down with a crash,
Remember the scene of destruction.
Remember the sadness and sorrow in the wake of the tragedy.
Remember the families torn asunder.


Her post seemed quite emotional, which is okay but I always find that people can be quite selective in their empathy with others. For example, in the time after 9/11 the US government adopted a policy of locking people up beyond the reach of US constitutional rights in Guantanamo Bay - and the US government has I understand, has handed suspects to countries that are happy to torture people for information.

Bear in mind that the media often creates a mass hysteria around events such as 9/11 (as news channels suddenly have an outlet through which to capture the attention of people globally - who ever heard of Al Jazeera before 9/11?) and it is on the back of this mass hysteria/concern that the US and Britain went to war.

So I don't think it is worth worrying about your post, or her response as they are both indicative of relatively "extreme" viewpoints (ie. total empathy vs little empathy). Accept and learn from her point of view, but it is probably worth separating fact from emotion -- her suggestion that you are "coldhearted" and her point that "I really don't care if you have Asperger's or not, Beth." is, to my mind, rather coldhearted in itself.



cron