Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

AussieScot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2007, 3:38 am

hi everyone
im hoping to ask this girl i like out but im to worried anout what my famly will think of her, i know they wont mind her, but im still worried, anyone else got any advice?
im 19 and moving out of home and severing all ties with my family isent and option.
thanks for any help :)

Soopervilin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2007, 4:12 am

I'd say go ahead and ask her out, but just be careful. When the time comes for your family to meet her, listen to their observations and weigh them against what you *know* about her, and not what you *feel* about her. If she's truly a wonderful girl, then all will be well, but if she turns out to be bad news, then your family will be more objective than you might be inclined to be, and able to recognize some of the warning signs. Beyond that, I say follow your heart, you might get hurt but sometimes it really is better than doing nothing and regretting it.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 4:48 am

Oh hell, follow your heart.
Your head will only make
you miserable.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 5:03 am

Why are you worried of what your family will think of her? Wrong religion/colour/culture? Or just not "good enough for their son"?

Aysmptotes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2007, 5:29 am

Personally I have put off my parents meeting my boyfriend for over a year now. But recently I have found out that my boyfriend's father has been wanting to met me too. I have met him in passing, I've met his step father, and his mother too but only bumping into them in the store. But he like wants to talk to me over lunch and stuff. But I am so relived that my boyfriend knows me enough so that he didn't even have to ask me and just said no for me since I would be terrified! Ironically his father works helping people with autism. (For some reason that last sentence doens't sound right but I dont' know another way to rephrase it. Or maybe I am to lazy to rewrite it.)

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 8:50 am

Just don't bring her to meet them until you're sure that it's a good relationship and she won't flee for the hills.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 9:03 am

get it out and say
Bak. Derk-derk-Allah. Derka derka, Mohammed Jihad. Haka sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la.