Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 1:10 am

Can someone help me? I bought a Roku player last month, I’m going say goodbye to cable, I also getting internet from the cable company, I’m paying $169 a month. I used to like them before new owners came. I need a router that streams tv shows & movies & to play games on too.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:47 pm

If you are cutting cable, why is your internet $169 a month? I imagine what ever route they supply you with will handle all of that. If you are referring to wireless, then something like a Linksys or any of the big brands should work. Really no need to get fancy unless you have a big house and/or lots of devices connected at once. By lots, I mean a dozen or more. The other being if need extra security. For basic home stuff, I spend $60 or so on whatever wireless router is on sale and be done with it. For business, I leave it the IT guys.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 8:49 pm

I have an ASUS rt-ac68u . It covers my entire house even on the 2nd floor with the router in the basement. It is really fast, handles 6+ internet connected devices at the same time effortlessly, rarely ever drops connection, and it has a lot of easy to use smart functions that you can use on the smartphone app.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/RTAC68U/

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism