Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

abrett1960
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm

How can an autistic person deal with grief from the death of a very beloved pet?

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

When my beloved Lori (German shepherd) passed three years ago at the age of 12, I asked the vet to put her nose print and paw print on a piece of cardstock. I mounted that in a box frame with her picture, pedigree, and the tag from her collar, and put it on the mantle as she always loved lying in front of the fire.

When I look over to where she used to cozy up I now see her "keeping guard" above my new shepherd.

Our fur children are sometimes the only truly unconditional love we know. They're precious, and it hurts when they go. I'm sorry for your loss.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 9:00 pm

I cried when Chico had to be put down. I have his ashed in an urn in front of my TV. I'm also weaving and loom knitting dog blankets in memory of him.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 3:13 am

It is so painful that there are no words that accurately describe the experience of losing these wonderful creatures and life companions. I found that support from animal lovers here helped me though, and I really felt that others here understood the dimensions and intensity of the terrible separation grief that leaves permanent scars on our hearts. But our love for them doesn't end or fade, nor do we lose their love for us, which lives on amidst the scars.

I feel for you and am very sad for your immense loss.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 1:13 pm

Don't know but it takes time do deal with any death. I cried my eyes out when our dog died, miss him more than some family members who passed away. My hamster and guinneapig died when i wasn't home so that was easier, still sad though.