World Economic Forum: Political Correctness Discussion

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

Steven Pinker gets to share his recent experience as well with getting cut out of context in his Spiked TV panel last November.

run time - 1:03:42

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Steven Pinker gets to share his recent experience as well with getting cut out of context in his Spiked TV panel last November.

run time - 1:03:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFohRupaXzc&t=2269s

The mods/auto-programming hides embedded youtube clips...
You need to also supply the link...

I am assuming this isn't just my problem...
Please inform me if others can see the youtube clip in the OP's post...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:49 pm

That problem is on and off for me. At one time of day I can see them, at another time I just see a blank box and have to quote people's videos to see the link.

I have a black and white shield with a red and white x box on my browser stating that unauthorized script was being run. I thought this was just an Alex not maintaining the site thing, not a moderating thing.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 10:59 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I thought this was just an Alex not maintaining the site thing, not a moderating thing.

No idea...
I was just trying to make sense of this nonsensical universe...