Page 61 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 163  Next

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 3:52 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm planning on having pasta loaded with grated cheddar cheese for supper. I like the orange cheddar because I grew up with it. Damn! I forgot to have my afternoon tea. That afternoon tea is more of a week day thing when I've got more going on, anyways.

I would probably collapse if I didn't have my tea.

Or explode.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 3:36 am

My cup of tea is going down well this morning - the first one is always the best.

The sun is still shining here and it looks to be a warmish day.

Plenty to smile about. :)

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 5:31 am

had to scrape the windscreen for the first time this morning. I like days like this where it is cold and not windy so it just feels fresh and and everything looks clear and bright

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 8:50 am

I've decided to do it again with The Kinks a day early. There's a full moon and the mood is right.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 9:27 am

You really got me!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 3:09 am

You got me so I can't sleep at night - YEAH !

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 2:03 am

Oh God! it's coming.

From my till I can see tinsel wool (for knitting sparkly decorations), the cards (I got to put the stand up, great

fun, highly technical), and advent calendars. All the big boxes of chocks have come into stock (as if what we had

wasn't already enormous) AND PEOPLE ARE BUYING IT ALL. OK I may be a little bit excited (I have been really

good, sort of :D ).

Tesco mince pies are out and their eat by date is November, they clearly know their customers well.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 2:05 am

l love a mince pie!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:28 am

We haven't got to Halloween or Guy Fawkes night over with yet and the shops are bursting with stuff for Xmas.

This is why they are neglecting the spring bulbs isles - they were all beaten up and half empty this week with months to plant them out.

Not to mention the toilet rolls I couldn't get this week - outrageous.

I wouldn't have to shop online so much if the things I needed were in the shops as advertised. Perhaps they wouldn't have to close down so many stores either. They are their own worst enemy.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:36 am

This makes me think about that joke from Austin Powers in Goldmember.

"Dad if you don't want these American girls to understand what we are saying we need to continue this conversation in 'English' English" and then they played subtitles. :lol:

I wonder why the English spoken in the UK and Australia and the English spoken in the US all use the same words but with different meanings? Is it the same for the Spanish that is spoken in Mexico and other Latin American countries compared to the Spanish spoken in Spain? I also heard that the French spoken in Lousiana and Canada is different from the French spoken in France.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
This makes me think about that joke from Austin Powers in Goldmember.

"Dad if you don't want these American girls to understand what we are saying we need to continue this conversation in 'English' English" and then they played subtitles. :lol:

I wonder why the English spoken in the UK and Australia and the English spoken in the US all use the same words but with different meanings? Is it the same for the Spanish that is spoken in Mexico and other Latin American countries compared to the Spanish spoken in Spain? I also heard that the French spoken in Lousiana and Canada is different from the French spoken in France.

The Spanish spoken in Argentina is quite different to Spanish spoken elsewhere. It's like an old traditional Spanish but with lots of borrowed words and pronunciations from Italian. A Spanish friend of mine said Argentineans sound to her like an Italian doing a silly impression of an old Spaniard from 100 years ago but still with the Italian accent

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 3:03 pm

English also used to speak with what is now an American accent. It is us English who's accents have changed over the years

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 3:10 am

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman