Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lcatz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2018, 4:07 am

Are there any women out there living with Aspergers? I want to know something about the struggles you may be experiencing with neurotypics women who just don't get us.

I have been snubbed by so many other women out there. I have been the target of relational aggression in many places: school, college, and work, as well as the social scene. I have made mistakes in social skills and not being able to connect to others on an emotional level. Women with Aspergers face so many of these unique challenges because we are expected to be nurturers, and yet, when we fall short in those areas, others are hard-pressed to forgive us. Any thoughts?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 4:09 am

lcatz wrote:
Are there any women out there living with Aspergers? I want to know something about the struggles you may be experiencing with neurotypics women who just don't get us.

I have been snubbed by so many other women out there. I have been the target of relational aggression in many places: school, college, and work, as well as the social scene. I have made mistakes in social skills and not being able to connect to others on an emotional level. Women with Aspergers face so many of these unique challenges because we are expected to be nurturers, and yet, when we fall short in those areas, others are hard-pressed to forgive us. Any thoughts?

There are many of us. I think your experiences are very common for girls and women on the spectrum.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:20 am

Hi.
For me the struggle recently has been with myself, to accept the aspergers and my limitations.
Before I knew I was on the spectrum, I always thought if I kept trying, eventually I'd learn to be as capable a wife and mother as everyone else. It's been tough to accept that that's just not true, and these are areas in my life that are always going to be difficult.

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Feb 2018, 11:14 am

I'm a woman with Asperger's , and I find that I really really don't get along with straight NT females.

Like, I'm really into science and tech, but I hate small talk/ gossip.
And average straight NT females just don't typically like science or tech... or even video games.

Most of my friends are males or bisexual females. (Though I'm not sure if sexuality is the factor that mattered)

I just have nothing to discuss with other normal females.
And I have been bullied by many different females in different places.

I don't know why guys don't bully me. I just, can make friends with guys easily.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 11:42 am

I am on the spectrum and I find it really hard to deal with the games that neurotypical women play. Most NT women are competitive and are backstabbers. They never say what they mean and they never mean what they say. I'm not easily impressed with the stuff that NTs brag about. I have been snubbed by NT women and girls all throughout my life. I have dealt with this at school, church, and work. I find NTs to be hypocritical about a lot of things. NTs don't like change anymore than we do. NTs aren't exactly as empathetic as they think they are. NTs aren't always that great at making eye contact. Most NTs I know play on their phones when people are talking to them. NTs aren't any better at multitasking than we are. If they were so great at multitasking, there wouldn't be such a large amount of car accidents every year and kids would not get hurt as often as they do.

Most NT guys are not that great either. They have been just as nasty as the women. Guys bullied me when I was growing up. I never had much luck connecting with guys. They were only interested in girls they could hook up with and they liked popular girls. Guys never wanted to be seen with me. I will say that guys were more likely to apologize for making fun of me. I have attracted creepy, old, married men. They just wanted to cheat on their wives with me and they wanted someone they could manipulate and take advantage of.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2018, 2:38 pm

I prefer talking to men rather than women. Women are competitive and play games. I find guys more straightforward and they seem to want to talk about more interesting things. Women are too tied up with their family and social crap, not to mention makeup and handbags. I find nt women boring. I don’t have friends.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell