The Pokemon Opal Roleplay! (Please read the first message!)

Page 8 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 7:18 am

"You know what,", I started to say, "Why don't we all just go to my house now, and see what you can do there. I'm sure my mom won't mind."

"That's what I was thinking!", Virginia said, "That's a good idea, girl!"

(Miss D&D and Lilli, if you keep watching this forum story without replying anything once in a while, you're REALLY going to miss out. -_- )

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:31 am

As you wish. Dream nodded, and motioned for Jamie to lead the way.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:18 pm

"Alrighty, then", I said, "Come on. It's already getting late as is, anyway."

So me, Virginia and Georgia, and my new Bulbasaur led Dream, Ghost, and (sorry, were there other characters?) to my house.

It took about 5-10 minutes to get from my house to the park, and vise-versa. After that time later, we've finally arrived. I walked toward the door, rung the doorbell, and, after a couple of seconds, my door opened, standing before me is my little 'bother', Jesse. He is nine years old, has pink hair, green eyes, and wears a white t-shirt, blue short jeans, and black sneakers. He looks at me in a teasing manner.

"Hello, 'sissy'," Jesse said mischievously (for the record, it really bothers me when he calls me that), "How was your day at the park~?"

"Everything's….great," I said in a calm, but stern, tone, "How was your playdate with Quinn?"

"Awesome!!", Jesse responded excitably, "We played on the Wii today, playing Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. like crazy!"

"Yeah, great," I responded blankly. About Jesse, he has a GREAT addiction to video games. Unless my parents let him play for extended hours during a social gathering, or something like that, they won't let him play his games for more than an hour. My parents try to make him to other activities, like practice playing piano (but we don't really have a piano, we actually have a keyboard), and playing a sport, like catch (with either a football, or baseball). I mean, I like video games, too, but I'm not as addictive as he is.

"Hi, guys," Quinn came out from the door, greeting us.

"Hi!", me, Virginia, and Georgia responded.

"Come on, let's all go inside," I said, stepping towards inside. "Mom, I'm home!"

A few seconds later, my mom came from downstairs, bringing down a laundry basket, and greeted us with a smile on my face. Then she came up to me to give me a hug.

"Hello, sweetheart," she said, hugging me with one arm, while holding the laundry basket. "Hi, Virginia and Georgia."

"Hi!", Virginia and Georgia greeted back.

"And...oh, goodness, who might you be?", Mom asked, directing at Ghost, Dream, and (seriously, were there OTHER characters? :roll: ).

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 12:26 pm

(Sorry, I haven't been on WP that much recently :oops: I'll try to check in more frequently.)

"Um, hi." said Ghost, "I'm Ghost, and these are Nihilego and Bagon." She indicated the Pokemon, who also said their greetings. "Jamie invited us to stay for the night. I hope that's all right?"

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 12:27 pm

I am the Sleeper Who Is Always Awake, The Boundless, Guardian of the Astral Abyss, Creator of All Things Wild and Wondrous, Protector of Children, The Wanderer, The Eightfold Gestalt, and Cat Companion. I am Dream of the eight Eternal Ones. Dream said to Dan's mother.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 6:46 pm

^(Ahem...this is Jamie's mother your character is talking to, not Dan's, Miss Kuraudo. Remember, this chapter you're on right now is in Jamie's POV.)

Okay, I'm starting to see how Dan and his cousin Rose felt when Dream introduces herself like that. Apperently, my mom, Jesse, and Quinn all felt the same thing.

But I stopped their awe with, "Well, it's quite a pleasure to have you, Dream!" I smiled sheepishly.

"And it's a wonderful pleasure to have you..uh...Ghost," my mom greeted Ghost, reaching out to give her a handshake.

"Hey, mom, guess what?", I asked my mom, "When I went to the park with Virginia and Georgia today, we came across Professor Oak!"

My mom blinked. "Did you just say....Professor Oak?"

"Yeah!", I said energetically, "And he gave me of his Pokémon, and he also taught me how to catch one, too. Wanna see?" I then took out two of my Pokeballs, threw them into the air, out came my Bulbasaur and....wait, my Gyarados is still sleeping?! Oh, that's right, when I captured it, it was fallen asleep from being hit by my Bulbasaur's Sleep Powder.

When my mom took a glance at Gyarados, she shrieked.

"Mom?", I asked her worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, I-I'm sorry!", she said, trying to regain her composure, "It's just....well, never mind. So," she then kneeled toward my Bulbasaur, and said, "those are your new Pokémon?" She reached her hand out toward Bulbasaur, attempting to pet it.

"Bulbasaur~," my Bulbasaur said, affectionately accepting my mom's strokes.

"But that's not all!", Georgia said, "We saw a Pokémon battle between two people! There was a blond boy named Daniel, and the other was a red-headed girl named Rose. Their battle was incredible! Dan owned a Charmander and a Shedinja, while Rose owned a Squirtle and a Ninjask. These two are cousins, but they acted more like brother-and-sister, the same way Jesse's relationship with Jamie."

….Now that she mentions it, where IS Jesse?

I turned and...

Ohhhh, no. No, no, no, no. He's walking towards my snoring Gyarados, attempting to kick it awake!

"Jesse, no!", I called out to Jesse, trying be quiet enough not to wake up Gyarados, but loud enough so Jesse can hear me, "What are you doing?! Don't....!"

Too late.

Jesse kicked Gyarados right in the face, causing it to spring awake. Once it did, it growled at my brother, scaring the ever living daylights out of him!

"Wait, stop!", I called out, running towards my Gyarados, blocking Jesse from it. "Please, he's my little brother! (Actually, I haven't really said 'brother' in while since he was my 'bother', but I don't want to get this situation even more negative than it already is.) Don't hurt him! I'm mean, he can be a real nuisance at times, but he's not really that bad!"

I closed my eyes really hard, expecting the worse to happen to me by the rampaging Gyarados. However, after a few seconds, I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Gyarados starting to calm down, and sniffed it at my hand I was sticking out at. Then, Gyarados then lets me pet it on the top of its head, and when I did, it became very content and comforted by my gentle touch. I then hugged at Gyarados, which made it even more happy.

"I....wow," my mother said, "I've never seen a Gyarados being like this before. That was amazing."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 6:51 pm

[Oopsie.
By the way, is this Gyarados unusually short?]

Have you ever met anyone like me before? Dream asked Jamie's mum after the Gyarados had calmed down. Also, how do you feel about helping me make divine food for tonight's meal?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 11:26 pm

"Oh, yeah," said Ghost to Jamie, "Are your Pokemon still hurt from when you captured Gyrados? I can heal them, if you'd like."

She laid a hand on Gyrados, restoring it to full health.

"Come here, Bulbasaur - do you need some healing, too?" She did the same for Bulbasaur.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 10:30 am

(Um, no, Miss Kuraudo. Perhaps I should be clear: Jamie was stretching her hand out toward Gyarados, at an upper angle, like around 50 degrees up from the ground. Gyarados then moved toward Jamie, letting Jamie get near it with her hand stretched still on that angle, allowing her to pet its face (like, IDK, between the eyes))

"Oh, you can cook?", my mom asked, "What would you like to make? Perhaps I can help you with that."

When Ghost healed up my Bulbasaur and Gyarados, I said to her, "Thank you, Ghost. How did you do that?" Frankly, I think I overheard Dan asking the very same question to her, but I'd thought I ask again just to be sure.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 11:20 am

[Sorry for nitpicking. :nerdy: ]

I can make enough ultimate stew and divine memory pastries for everyone here. I will manifest the ingredients and then instruct you on how to make them, if you wish. Dream said.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 12:44 pm

"I, um, don't really know how I do that." said Ghost, "I didn't even know I could until I did it by accident earlier today. Maybe it's something to do with extradimensional energy reacting with my connection with Pokemon, letting me use it to heal them?" She shrigged. "But that's really just a guess."

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:11 pm

My mom's eyes widened from what Dream said, and then nodded. "Interesting," she said inquisitively, "I would love you to help out to make dinner."

Okay, her tone toward Dream makes it kinda creepy, but I don't really think it's that bad. ….I hope.

"Oh, I see," I said to Ghost, though I'm not sure I'd understand anything she said about extradimentional energy and stuff like that. I mean, I am 11, after all.

I then overheard Jesse wailing a bit, crouching down with both of his ears covered. Oh, he must still be freaked out by my Gyarados.

Well, maybe I should just try to make him make amends with my Pokémon, and get along with it.

I then walked up to Jesse. gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder, and then he looked up at me with tears on his eyes.

"Hey," I said to him, "Why don't you try to go over to my Gyarados, and make friends with it?"

"Bu-But," Jesse started to say.

I put my index finger on his lips to shut him up. "It's alright," I said, "If you get to know my Pokémon, I'm sure you won't be scared anymore."

"O-Okay," he said hesitantly. Then both of us walked up to my Gyarados, and said, "Please let my brother pet you so you two can make friends with each other, okay?"

Gyarados then grunted, and then lowered its head gently toward Jesse so he can be able to put his hand on it. Jesse then hesitantly touched Gyarados's face, right in the middle of its face, and strokes it up and down.

Gyarados then became very content, and gave Jesse a gentle cuddle. Jesse became startled at first, but then he started to enjoy it, too.

"Ha, ha, ha," Jesse giggled in amusement, "You right, sissy! (Again, with the 'sissy'. -_- ) I like him already!"

"Hey, Jamie," Quinn called us, "Mind if I make friends with your Gyarados? It seems really cool!"

"Ok, yeah, sure, go ahead," I answered. Then Quinn came up to Gyarados, and then Gyarados did the same thing with Jesse to start their friendship.

"Hey, Jamie....", Jesse started to say, though I'm a bit shocked to hear him actually say my name. Usually, he just calls me 'sissy' just to tease me. "I didn't mean to be mean to your Gyarados. I'm sorry for kicking it while sleeping."

To be honest, we've been having a very sour relationship for a very long time that I'd forgotten how sweet he was when we were little. This is, like, the first time in years since he's been that way.

I gave him a hug, and said to him, "Hey, it's okay. I know you've been through a lot. But just because you have those issues doesn't mean you should be that way also."

I almost forgot to mention, when he was at elementary school, a lot of kids there didn't really like him that much. They'd picked on him, calling him bad names, and get into fights at recess. I was once there to defend him from other kids when I was younger, but since I got into middle school, I got really worried about him. Though I don't agree that he had became very sour because of that. At least that Quinn has been going to school with him. But still, his sour behavior was the main reason I kept referring to him as my 'little bother'.

Of course, I used to get bullied, too, so I don't really blame him. Though, what really bothers me the most is when the kids at school said-

"Well, why don't we all get inside?", my mom called out, "Jamie, Virginia, and Georgia are having a sleepover, right? Are you here for that, too?", she asked Ghost and Dream.

"Yes, we are," Virginia and Georgia responded.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 12:48 am

~Meanwhile, in another world~

"I... fail to how see this is a good idea," the boy muttered. He had tan skin, shaggy brown hair that came down to his shoulders, and golden eyes. He was about 19 years old and seemed to suffer from a severe lack of sleep.

A few years ago, Gristle met a cat named Basil, and they went on a wacky adventure to save the city, from aliens, fire-breathing snails, and even a rogue kitsune. The two became widely renowned as heroes. But now he preferred to live a more quiet life, as an ordinary high school students. Well... mostly ordinary.

The only not ordinary thing being Basil's schemes.

"Oh come on Gristle, it'll be fuuuuun~" the girl said as she dragged him into the spare room of his house. She was about seventeen, with sparkling purple eyes and a bouncy black ponytail. Gristle offered no resistance, but he did roll his eyes. "Define fun."

"Fuuuuun~" she let him go, "means I've devised a randomized. teleportation. spell!!" Basil grinned. In the spare room she had set up a stand with a book of spells on it, and a circle in which to perform the magic ritual. Gristle blinked. "Oh. Actually, that... does sound interesting."

As he was about to voice his concerns, she chirped, "Oh don't worry, I've restricted the radius to inside the city so we won't wind up anywhere strange! It'll be fine!"

"Last time you said that I ended up getting turned into a frog."

Basil pouted. "Well! I mean it this time!" The girl skipped over to her book and leafed through the instructions. "See? All it says we have to do is stand in the magic circle, spin around three times, and say floogly doogly." She stepped back into the painted circle with Gristle, they both spun around and chanted the spell. Suddenly the outline of the circle began to glow in a brilliant light, and a deafening screech filled the room. Then a hole opened up in the floor, and they fell straight down like a cartoon.
"WEEEEEE!"

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 1:06 am

The hole opened up again, and the two teenagers dropped out. They were standing outside somebody's house. Gristle grinned. "Oh hey, that's not too bad." There was a group of kids outside, who they could probably ask for directions. He was about to walk up to them when Basil tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey Gristle, what's that thing?"

Gristle turned to see the tiny dinosaur with a seed on its back. It was like no conceivable thing he'd ever seen. He backed away. "Uh, Basil? I don't think we're in Chissahjo anymore..."

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 1:52 pm

(Bump)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 5:01 pm

[Sorry! I've been busy with stuff lately.]

I will not take up much room. I can stay in a wall if necessary. Dream said to Jamie's mum.