Do you stare at the outlets in buildings?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

08 Mar 2018, 8:18 am

Oh that's weird, I didn't know that!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Mar 2018, 8:22 am

NewTime wrote:
OutsideView wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I have light switches in my house like this

No, that's horrible! My parents have one like that too.

Does anyone else turn off sockets with no plugs in when they're in a public building? I try not to but sometimes I can't resist :lol:

Sockets/outlets in the United States have no on/off switches.
A couple of the 1s in our apartment have a built in surge protector & reset button thou. This is the only time I noticed those things on regular power sockets instead of those things that get plugged into the wall.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:31 am

As a homeless person with a laptop, I'm always on the lookout for an electrical outlet. I've obsessed about it so much that I even included it as one of the chapters of my book "You Can't Sleep Here: A Clown's Guide to Surviving Homelessness." Here's a link to a free PDF of it (which I didn't know existed till now!)

http://www.lockebooks.com/docs.php?q=Yo ... melessness

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

I'm reading that book right now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 8:29 pm

when I was in preschool/kindergarten, I had an obsession with heat duct registers, i'd see one wherever I was at, and excitedly shout "HEEDUR!!" :mrgreen: :alien: as for electrical wall socket outlets, I probably got my fascination with them shocked out of me, I useta like to stick things in them but that came to a clobbering half when I took my mom's tweezers and stuck them in, it knocked me cuckoo, sent me flying across the room. I don't know what all damage it did to my young system, doubtless something or another. I still have the tweezers, with a charred scar mark on them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 10:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
when I was in preschool/kindergarten, I had an obsession with heat duct registers, i'd see one wherever I was at, and excitedly shout "HEEDUR!!" :mrgreen: :alien: as for electrical wall socket outlets, I probably got my fascination with them shocked out of me, I useta like to stick things in them but that came to a clobbering half when I took my mom's tweezers and stuck them in, it knocked me cuckoo, sent me flying across the room. I don't know what all damage it did to my young system, doubtless something or another. I still have the tweezers, with a charred scar mark on them.
I've been electrocuted at least 3 times trying to unplug things that were stuck 8O Two times were from things in power outlets & one was something plugged into an extension cord. I know I was a kid/teen for two of those times but not sure if I was a teen or in my early 20s for the 3rd. It never flung me or anything like that but it did paralyze me for a couple/few seconds. I never told my parents because I was afraid of getting in trouble. I wonder if that's the reason I have a tremor disorder & am so screwed up in the head :? Wait, I was f#cked up before

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:25 pm

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I've been electrocuted at least 3 times trying to unplug things that were stuck 8O Two times were from things in power outlets & one was something plugged into an extension cord. I know I was a kid/teen for two of those times but not sure if I was a teen or in my early 20s for the 3rd. It never flung me or anything like that but it did paralyze me for a couple/few seconds. I never told my parents because I was afraid of getting in trouble. I wonder if that's the reason I have a tremor disorder & am so screwed up in the head :? Wait, I was f#cked up before

you must have a high tolerance of electricity if it only stunned you for a few seconds. :star:

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 12:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

you must have a high tolerance of electricity if it only stunned you for a few seconds. :star:
120V gives me a very unpleasant tingling sensation. It is not pain, it feels like temporary damage for a second. it is kind of like paralysis, but different.
It is actually common for telephone technicians to shock each other for fun. If the phone rings when you are touching the wires you will get shocked by 90V. Not to mention accidentally brushing against a telephone field. I have been shocked several hundred times.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 12:23 am

I am guessing that 90 volts AC hurts worse than 90 volts DC. I gotta know, how is it that 1 second of wall current can immediately kill some people, while just shaking other people?

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 12:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
I am guessing that 90 volts AC hurts worse than 90 volts DC. I gotta know, how is it that 1 second of wall current can immediately kill some people, while just shaking other people?
Telephone ring voltage is 20 hertz AC. I suffer from low sodium so my blood is less salty than normal. Maybe that makes my skin less conductive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 1:24 am

Mudboy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Telephone ring voltage is 20 hertz AC. I suffer from low sodium so my blood is less salty than normal. Maybe that makes my skin less conductive.

I have the opposite problem. so I guess that means i'd cook easier.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 2:18 am

auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I felt weird for a while after but I was fine the next day. It was weird thou cuz it kind of parallelized me & then pushed my hand away. There was also this weird colored light around my fingers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 2:20 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I felt weird for a while after but I was fine the next day. It was weird thou cuz it kind of parallelized me & then pushed my hand away. There was also this weird colored light around my fingers.

it sounds like you turned yourself into a Kirlian camera visualizing your aura. 8)

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 2:26 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I always thought that glow was my imagination. Now I wonder.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 3:14 am

I knew somebody with psychic talents [I observed them over time] who claimed to be able to "see people's colors" [IOW their psychic aura]. a workplace bully she observed to have a dark gray aura flecked with red. when the bully was angry the red flecks multiplied greatly.