Randomchoice vs/guesstimating-trying to work it out-IQ test

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 7:17 am

I am not a mathematician/statistician and wondered what people thought about these results re random choice vs guesstimating/trying to work it out with two online mensa IQ tests.

Mensa DK= 80/94= 0.85 Mensa No= 97/116=0.84 .

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 8:48 am

The random choice seems too high and the guesses seem not very bright.
My score was 137.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 9:16 am

Mudboy wrote:
The random choice seems too high and the guesses seem not very bright.
My score was 137.

I have a probable,though undiagnosed,learning difficulty with VIQ significantly greater than PIQ. I tend not to do well on non-verbal tests.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:20 am

That makes sense for the low score. High IQ does not help in most situations anyways. Common sense does.

All IQ has done for me was convince people that I am a walking encyclopedia. Everyone always expects me to know everything about everything. If I never heard of it, they give me a half hour to become an expert. It is frustrating to have my knowledge taken for granted, and at the same time be left out socially.

I was an engineer in charge of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of projects. I read and wrote the plans and blueprints to create them. When I use tools I make a lot of mistakes. My technicians would take tools out of my hands and not allow me to use them. I am awkward when dealing with people. My bosses would not let me talk to directly to clients. When I try to explain things, most people know I am speaking English, but its too technical to make sense to them. Social conversations are even worse.