Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 2:35 am

Being from the Spokane area, where in fact David Lynch had grown up, I like to think the place where I reside is ground zero for weirdness. In fact, the town of Lumberton, in Blue Velvet, was alleged to be loosely based on Spokane. The town of Twin Peaks, while filmed in Snoqualmie Falls on the west side of Washington state, in the old and new television series, is taking place in north east Washington, near the Canadian border, a bit closer to Spokane.
So, yeah, I love everything Lynch has done, especially Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Wild At Heart, and Lost Highway just to name a few.
As for the OP's question: the show is a surreal drama with elements of humor and horror.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 6:02 am

I think part of what is so beautiful about Twin Peaks is that it does not fit securely in any genre. It seems to be confusing by design and intent. Not only is the confusion and lack of predictability compelling, but it also allows you to suspend your disbelief that little bit longer as you try to work out what's going on. :D

Twin Peaks is amazing.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 7:20 am

Weird, I could've sworn I posted in here.

I have season 2 and the movie on DVD, but I haven't watched them yet. Ditto to Mulholland Drive (IIRC).

I liked Eraserhead. I couldn't really get into Dune, but I did watch the whole thing.