To law school or not to law school....

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2018, 11:30 am

So I got into my first law school, it was my fallback school (still waiting on the others) but still ranks around 50th (out of 200, and the top 20 are basically reserved for super-geniuses and legacies) in the nation so not a half bad school. I am really interested in going. My life has basically been going nowhere for the past 5 years. Yet... I am not sure if could handle the stress of it and it is putting my life on hold for 3 years without a guaranteed job on the other end of it, and quite frankly I wish I could just use my master's in special education to get a job (yea, no luck there so far other than some part time min wage stuff). Not sure what I am going to do.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 12:33 pm

Do what makes you happy. Other things will follow.

Photograph 51
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2018, 10:35 am

Maybe the school would let you sit in on classes one day and you could talk to the students there now, and that would help you get a feel for the school. Also talk to the disability office to see what services they can provide for you. I don't know that there are a lot of jobs available for lawyers these days, but if it's what you love then do it.

I am a student doing a research study on experiences of people who have tried to get an autism diagnosis as adults. Participating only involves filling out one questionnaire. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.