22 Jul 2019, 5:10 am

he might say something along the lines of "depart from me, ye cursed..."

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 10:08 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Homosexuality may be a sin.

But the church also teaches that "we are ALL sinners" (if it aint one thing then its something else), and that you don't have to be perfect, just forgiven.

So...EVERYONE is rotten, but neither you, nor anyone else is more rotten than anyone else. So God accepts you.

I agree that everyone sins. But I don't need some Chrisrian hypocrite trying to strip all my rights away while calling me a pervert (or worse).

I feel like many of them would round us all up and put us to death or lock us away in prison like in the old days if the government allowed it. Especially in areas like The Bible Belt. :|

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 10:43 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

But the church also teaches that "we are ALL sinners" (if it aint one thing then its something else), and that you don't have to be perfect, just forgiven.

So...EVERYONE is rotten, but neither you, nor anyone else is more rotten than anyone else. So God accepts you.

I agree that everyone sins. But I don't need some Chrisrian hypocrite trying to strip all my rights away while calling me a pervert (or worse).

I feel like many of them would round us all up and put us to death or lock us away in prison like in the old days if the government allowed it. Especially in areas like The Bible Belt. :|

....My BUTT!! ! :x :roll:

There is NOT just Christianity and Satanism that just exist in this world, as I keep telling people! There are a LOT of other religions that EXIST like Judaism, Islam, Taoism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Wicca (IDK why people actually confuse it with Satanism), Spirituality, Paganism (Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Nordic, etc.), and many others I probably don't know about. Yet these Christians tend to believe that there is ''ONLY Christianity", and tend to see things in terms of black-and-white in a negative light.

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't really mean to bash Christians or anything, as I'm Episcopalian (even though I'm more spiritual than religious), it's just I do not appreciate how those people treat others harshly just because they don't match the same standards, and tend to judge others harshly on other faiths they hardly know ANYTHING about!

Last edited by UncannyDanny on 22 Jul 2019, 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 10:50 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

....My BUTT!! ! :x :roll:

There is NOT just Christianity and Satanism that just exist in this world, as I keep telling people! There are a LOT of other religions that EXIST like Judaism, Islam, Taoism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Wicca (IDK why people actually confuse it with Satanism), Spirituality, Paganism (Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Nordic, etc.), and many others I probably don't know about. Yet these Christians tend to believe that there is ''ONLY Christianity", and tend to see things in terms of black-and-white in a negative light.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not actually bashing Christians or anything, as I'm Episcopalian, it's just I do not appreciate how those people treat others harshly just because they don't match the same standards, and tend to judge others harshly on other faiths they hardly know ANYTHING about!

Not to mention the fact that they have ruined so many countries through colonization by oppressing the native people and forcing them to convert to THEIR way of life.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 11:01 am

^^I've made some edits on my response.

Anyway, another thing I just don't get is why certain symbols are retroactively "Satanic" just because they're upside down, like the upside-down cross and the upside-down star in a circle. Not to mention the 3 sixes, does that mean that the holy number is actually 3 nines? :scratch:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

22 Jul 2019, 8:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
You gotta love fundi christians. They are are worse hypocrites than the pharisees that Jesus castigated.

Only god can judge individual men for their deeds but not apparently in white christendom.

I jus realized something. Reverse christendom is modnetsirhc, kinda similar to monastery xD Oh Mona Lisa!

Castiga in my mother tongue means winning, such a big difference of meaning!

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 2:07 am

Rexi wrote:

Most interesting....
Castigation is "chastisement" the infliction of severe punishment. One who administers a castigation is a castigator or chastiser.

However, in earlier times, the root of "castigation" specifically "chastise" meant restoring one to a religiously pure state, or chastity....

I think Romanian may have retained the earlier definition as one who is religiously pure or chaste is a winner....just my guess

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

23 Jul 2019, 5:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Most interesting....
Castigation is "chastisement" the infliction of severe punishment. One who administers a castigation is a castigator or chastiser.

However, in earlier times, the root of "castigation" specifically "chastise" meant restoring one to a religiously pure state, or chastity....

I think Romanian may have retained the earlier definition as one who is religiously pure or chaste is a winner....just my guess

Nicely crafted.
Your history of language is most integrally of integrity.

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2019, 7:13 pm

The bible is clear about how God feels about homosexuality, HOWEVER, (imo) God would not deny anyone from entrance to heaven just because of ONE sin. We are not perfect, therefore we could never be perfect to enter heaven.. everyone except for Jesus himself has some sins on him when he enters heaven. So im positive that there are plenty of homosexuals in heaven, just like there may be some wife beaters and murderers and thieves in heaven.. so long as you were good enough, (mostly did the right thing throughout your life) you would make it into heaven. That's my take on it. Also don't think that I agree with God on that stance, I am bisexual and do not regret. Lol.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 2:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Started with Billie Graham. My grandmother sent him hundreds of dollars by mail.

I wonder what Jesus would do to these rolls Royce driving preachers? camel...eye of the needle??

He would "Suffer the little Children", with implacable Scouse accents, to greet the rolls royce driving pastors with the phrase " Mind yer car mister?"

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 7:12 am

jngyslate wrote:
The bible is clear about how God feels about homosexuality, HOWEVER, (imo) God would not deny anyone from entrance to heaven just because of ONE sin. We are not perfect, therefore we could never be perfect to enter heaven.. everyone except for Jesus himself has some sins on him when he enters heaven. So im positive that there are plenty of homosexuals in heaven, just like there may be some wife beaters and murderers and thieves in heaven.. so long as you were good enough, (mostly did the right thing throughout your life) you would make it into heaven. That's my take on it. Also don't think that I agree with God on that stance, I am bisexual and do not regret. Lol.

I recommend the book, "What the Bible Really Says about Homosexuality," it a short book written by a PhD and former priest or monk, I forget which, but he researched closer to the source material. As you know, the King James Bible is a translation of a translation, there are books omitted in it as well.

My own belief is that Man makes more of sex than God does, and that God does not have genitals and is not particularly interested in them. The heart and mind is more what God is concerned about.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2020, 6:49 pm

As a gay Christian myself, I really don't follow the bible that much at all. I believe it's been mistranslated, and evidence shows this. According to the bible, homosexuality is a cardinal sin, but to me, that's just not true.

It depends on who you ask, as there are many gay Christians who believe you need deliverance and/or repentance from homosexuality. Others believe you can be homosexual, but you must not self identify as homosexual or live as one for eternity. Then there are people like myself that believe that you can be an gay and a Christian.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 7:04 pm

Offset wrote:
According to the bible, homosexuality is a cardinal sin, but to me, that's just not true. Then there are people like myself that believe that you can be an gay and a Christian.

Being a christian is an individual decision but if the "flock" don't accept your biology (of course nobody chooses to be homosexual) then find one that accepts you for who you are. The old testament is not a scientific treatise.

There are also religions that attribute disability is an affliction caused by evil spirits or punishment for past sins. Same applies, leave the flock.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 7:05 pm

rowan_nichol wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Started with Billie Graham. My grandmother sent him hundreds of dollars by mail.

I wonder what Jesus would do to these rolls Royce driving preachers? camel...eye of the needle??

He would "Suffer the little Children", with implacable Scouse accents, to greet the rolls royce driving pastors with the phrase " Mind yer car mister?"

:lol:

Tibbit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2020, 10:54 pm

God does accept gay people read Isaiah 56.3 churches don’t if you read nasb translation you can see words were added to support their personal bias not the truth and in the book of the revelation it warns against adding words to scripture

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2020, 11:04 pm

Tibbit wrote:
God does accept gay people read Isaiah 56.3 churches don’t if you read nasb translation you can see words were added to support their personal bias not the truth and in the book of the revelation it warns against adding words to scripture

In the NIV bible its about men who are castrated? not gay